Fram Oil Filter 6607 and 7317 interchangable?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
mpbclutch33
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5L, 6-speed, Radiant Silver.

I bought the wrong oil filter but didn't realize it until after I already drained the oil. I know that the threads are the same and I added oil and started it up and checked for leaks and everything seemed ok. I believe the 7317 is just a little longer than the 6607. Should I switch the filters out or do you think it will be ok till next oil change?

allenzachary
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima 2.4

I'm no expert by any means, but a quick search on Fram 6607 and 7317 show them as interchangeable. They also work in Mazda's and Acura's. The 7317 has more filter surface area and the 6607 is suggested for limited-space applications.

You should be fine....

Hey, it's been three months. It's time to change your oil now anyway!

blackd21vg30de
Car: 1993 Hardbody, 1999 altima se

fram= SUCKS I used fram for ten years now an never had a prb til recently... I went to change my oil and could not get that thing of even with a filter wrench ( a good one), had to use a screw driver and hammer and knock it off, I only put it on hand snug plus about a 1/4 turn like always, no old seal stuck to block, after i got it off noticed the filter media was thin paper that was falling apart, must be why my lifters been ticking, flushed motor out and no probs but that was close, ka24e 246k and still going strong... search for FRAM and read JESDA's post __remember,fram sucks__ is the title..

skiski329
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

I second that blackd21vg30de. cut one in half and you will see the thin cardboard It may be a few dollars cheaper but I would not recommend cardboard in your engine and may decrease the life of your car. (you get what you pay for)

CPS

Frams are also notorious for not having anti-drainback valves in them, which can cause a zero oil pressure at startup situation, which will make the valves rattle. Buy a higher quality filter, such as a Wix or a Purolator Pure One. BTW, the factory original Nissan filter for your car is a rebranded Purolator.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”