fog light wiring

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
cowboy57
Car: 2008 versa hatch back

i was just wondering can i hook up my fogs to my parking lights?will that be to much for the fuse on the parking lights?right now i have them hooked to the battery. and i keep forgetting to shut them off. so i was wondering if anyone has them hooked diffrent

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I would like to know if you can do that to the OEM fog lights that came with my car. I hate that I can't have them on without my headlights.

I'm not one of those guys who use his foglights instead of his headlights but I do like to use my parking lights and foglights during dusk and dawn times.

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

cowboy57 wrote:i was just wondering can i hook up my fogs to my parking lights?will that be to much for the fuse on the parking lights?right now i have them hooked to the battery. and i keep forgetting to shut them off. so i was wondering if anyone has them hooked diffrent
as for wiring them up to the parking lights for power, i wouldnt recommend it... get yourself a relay,...

if you wire it up just like the picture, they will turn on WHENEVER your parking lights are on (just parking lights, low beams, high beams) thats how i have mine.

btw... props to jfanaselle for that pic a while ago (i edited it a bit)

cowboy57
Car: 2008 versa hatch back

what type of relay is that???? where did u purchase it???

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

i got mine with my fog light kit off of ebay... but im pretty sure this should work

Mr. LS

cowboy57 wrote:what type of relay is that???? where did u purchase it???
spdt, go to a junkyard and pull one or your local auto parts store

Return to “Versa General Chat”