FL title skyline?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
madsx
Car: 240sx

Can a Florida register/title skyline be register to Texas, why the question i want a sedan r34 or any sedan skyline...

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

If you find a DMV in Texas as dumb as the one if Florida that titled that illegal car, sure. Want to bet your money on it? :rolleyes:

madsx
Car: 240sx

just wondering? ill im going to ask the dmv

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That question is answered several times in the "So You Want to Buy a Skyline" thread.

JTR32gtst

I would not go to the DMV. That is, unless you wish to lose your illegal car.

VandrelSOUSA

madsx wrote:Can a Florida register/title skyline be register to Texas, why the question i want a sedan r34 or any sedan skyline...
If you're looking at the silver 4 door GTT around Daytona/Deltona don't waste your time, it's illegal.

wayne984
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35
rebadged to the nissan skyline 350gt

Most jdm cars in Florida are illegal on the federal side. Which means even though the state of Florida thinks it's ok to have it there in Florida the federal government can show up anytime and seize the car. Wether that's today in Florida from its current owners or more than likely from the new owners when they attempt to register it in their state or in their name.
Guess you could say it's just flying under the radar for now.
My advice don't get anywhere near it!!! Read the above mentioned "so you want to buy a skyline in the u.s." Thread and wait till they are legal under the 25 year exemption.

VandrelSOUSA

wayne984 wrote:Most jdm cars in Florida are illegal on the federal side. Which means even though the state of Florida thinks it's ok to have it there in Florida the federal government can show up anytime and seize the car.
This isn't just a Florida issue, it's nationwide. Most JDM cars in the country and illegal, the same can be said about a vast majority of people with motor swaps. The problem is that local state DMV employees don't understand all the laws. There's people out there willing to run paperwork on cars, etc. There's a lot of reasons and factors as to how and why one of these cars ends up getting a title. The only reason it's more common to find them with FL titles is because the state lacks emissions and doesn't do annual inspections on vehicles.

Every single car I've taken to the DMV, regardless of the state, they've wanted to inspect the car and check the VIN's and also re-check all of the import papers to include bills of sale. The state of FL doesn't just openly accept and allow illegal cars, just s*** happens and it happens in other states too.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”