Fix scratches or get a new rim?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
skiski329
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

As I was driving into the parking garage, a pedestrian was walking along side my drivers side and decided to trip and fall. naturally my instinct was to not run him over. So i made my right turn sharper to avoid him. not thinking about the curb, it got my rear passenger side rim. so now i'm really bummed cuz the car only has about 2k miles on it. Now i'm not sure if i should just put some touch up paint on it or get a new rim. any ideas on what color touch up paint i would need? so far i've searched and closes't thing i found was nissan titian rims that use k-12 paint. and i'm assuming that nissan uses colors for rims across the models. Has anyone gotten good touch up color for the rim's? (2012 3.5 stock rims).
ooo. so moral of the story, don't hit the person that falls infront of you, but then send him an invoice for a new rim :bs:

mattyfo0z
Car: 2oo8 CVT - 3.5 SE

How deep are the scratches? If you could feel them when you run your finger over them, then touch-up paint wouldn't do much other than make it look worse. I'd just recommend plasti-dipping your wheels to cover up the blemishes, and make your car look a lot better!

skiski329

Thats a great idea! i was thinking about it before, now i have a good excuse to do it. thanks for the idea.

mattyfo0z

No problem man! Here's my A/C after I plastidipped the OEM wheels.

YoungCoupe
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5s Metallic slate

^ Looks good. Cheap way to make stock look better. But it looks kinda..grayish. Is that just the picture?

mattyfo0z

No, that was a while after I had originally painted them.. probably a good 2 or 3 months. It starts to get a little bit lighter over time, but that picture was directly in the sunlight so it probably doesn't help make them look darker.

skiski329

mattyfo0z wrote:No problem man! Here's my A/C after I plastidipped the OEM wheels.

Nice!!! i'm liking the black rim's with your coupe's color. Is it Dark Slate? that's the color i've got.

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

These wheels are quite fixable. I've repaired them myself using this DIY guide...

http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/whee ... repair.htm

I have also had wheels repaired professionally. You may have a shop in your area.

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com

skiski329

^ that's a really solid find! they do have repair near me :bigthumb: I was gong to plasti dip, until i put these on.
i wanted real 370z NISMO OEM rims, but at $1200 per rim, i thought it's a better idea to pay for my college.
The Nismo badges were about $12
(note, this is not the scratched rim)

Return to “Altima General Discussions”