Finally photos of my M35 w/ Ming Mirror Finish

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
maqueswell
Car: M35 Sport

I've finally was able to take some photos of my M35 (after having her for 6 months). I dropped her off on Tuesday to have the MING Mirror finish. She is absolutely beautiful. There's alot of road construction going on in San Antonio so theres a light coating of dust on her already. I'm going to wait for the weekend to wash her. Below is my M...

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Nice! Closeups of the surface would be cool ...

Z

maqueswell

I will take some closeups this weekend when i wash it.....hopefully it doesn't rain!

I'm the 4th guy at my office who had the MING mirror finish...

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

Looks like any other just waxed paint....what do you find so special about the "ming" process?

maqueswell

Well the fact that i do not have to wax my car for 3 years is one, and actually seeing the evidence myself on my 3 other co-workers cars. (2) Subaru's (1) WRX & (1) WRX STI, one BMW M3 and a 2008 Acura TL S type.

I saw the proof myself, I did the research. I plan on owning this car for a long time and I want the paint to look as good for as long as possible.

Regardless what you see on websites, it's hard to tell the difference with photographs, but thats my opionion.

Oh and Qship96 there was/is still ALOT of dust on the car that you can't see in the photos.

Good DayMad Max

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

So is it like Zaino or 5 Star?

maqueswell

This is the best way to explain it...

http://www.mingsa.com/main_pages/Ming.htm

Plemus
Car: 06 INFINITI M35 SPORT

I got a new M35 and I wanted to know where should I go to get this Ming finish on my car. It looks really nice. Very convincing. By the way, how much did you pay for it?

jshardin
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

So what does something like this run? Do they also fix any nicks in the paint?

maqueswell

Hey Guys:

You will have to do a search for your perspective areas. I was quoted $295.00 when i told them my co-workers had the same work done.

I also took into effect the cost of wax jobs and such over a 3 year period and found it was cheaper to have the MING Mirror. I hope this helps.

JsHardin: I had a couple of minor rock dings that were gone and didn't need any touch up paint. They will not fix any scatches or dents. I hope this helps.

Good DayMad Max

Plemus
Car: 06 INFINITI M35 SPORT

what place would you recommend on getting this service done. Would a local infiniti dealer do it. I got quoted $795 for a finishing touch on my M

qship96

I read the info on their website and am not impressed with the product at all. The process is basically just a abrasive compound/fine finishing polish that micro-smooths out the paint surface.....but leaves no protective sealant or wax layer to shield the now perfectly refective, smooth finish from road debris/bird droppings/salt/oils/road tar,etc.

While any paint surface looks excellent after machine polishing to level the paint,to maintain it long term it needs a protective coat of wax or synthetic sealant to protect from the elements--

A coat of wax or sealant is a sacrificial{why you ned to regularly replenish this layer by rewaxing} layer of protection to the paint below it--by definition its job is to seal and protect the paint by being the layer of protection that takes the brunt of the damage caued by bird droppings/salt/tar,etc....without it,your paint becomes the sacrificial coating.

Even if some company produced a magic coat of wax/sealant/voodoo chemical finish that could last years {they dont}, it would be worthless because daily use of a vehicle and the best wash techniques still result in micro scratches and swirling of any paint surface{especially visible on dark colored paints} which requires periodic buffing/polishing{and then rewaxing to seal it} to correct and leave you with a flawless paint finish.

palincal
Car: 2007 M35 Sport

I agree with qship. There is no substitute to a protective clear coat or waxing to keep the paint looking new. Ming process seems to be saying the exact opposite. Leaving the original paint without a clear coat is not going to be good in long term. Also, I am not sure what the heating process does to the factory clear coat. Most car makers especially the luxury car makers have state of the art robotic paint process which puts a layer of invisible coating on the paint. In most normal use the paint will look good for 4-5 years without any waxing. But if you are parking under trees, driving mostly on busy freeways and let dew form on your car in the mornings, it is better to wax on a regular basis even on new cars.

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

Car looks good.

maqueswell

Plemus wrote:I got a new M35 and I wanted to know where should I go to get this Ming finish on my car. It looks really nice. Very convincing. By the way, how much did you pay for it?
I paid $295.00. Do a search on google for your area. This quote is from the shop in San Antonio, Tx

Qship96 & Palincal: The clear coat that the manufacteur applies to the paint is still on the car. I'm just going to have to see the results over time. Like i stated earlier my co-workers autos look fantastic and they've had the treatment for at least 1 year. Heck it's warranted for 3 years.

qship96

I never suggested the clear coat was removed or damaged in the process-my concern is that the process claims to super fine polish the clearcoat to level and perfect the clearcoat{great so far}, BUT fails to then seal this perfect finish with a layer of traditional wax or sealant to protect the clearcoat finish from the elements{ uv sun damage,road tar,salt,BIRD****}

The whole purpose of waxing/sealants is to provide a sacrificial layer of protection on top of the clearcoat to take the brunt of the damage caused by birdbombs,salt,etc....without it,anything and everything lands directly on the clearcoat and starts the damage{Sometimes even with a freshly waxed/sealed finish, the bird**** is so acidic it eats through the wax layer and permanently etches the clearcoat}

maqueswell

Qship96:

I see where you're coming from and i understand. I don't know the complete science of clear coat and such, I can only go on the company's guarentee.

I washed my car today, and it only took minutes, the water cascaded off the car and the dust/dirt easily came off with no effort. When i run my fingers (cleaned of course) across the car it's so smooth. I have no complaints so far.

I will keep the forum updated on the status of the finish.

Good DayMad Max

Sazar
Car: Infiniti M-45 2003

maqueswell wrote:Qship96:

I see where you're coming from and i understand. I don't know the complete science of clear coat and such, I can only go on the company's guarentee.

I washed my car today, and it only took minutes, the water cascaded off the car and the dust/dirt easily came off with no effort. When i run my fingers (cleaned of course) across the car it's so smooth. I have no complaints so far.

I will keep the forum updated on the status of the finish.

Good DayMad Max
How can I find if there is a place here that does this?

I am in Austin, Texas

I looked online but I can't see a place that has certified techs who will do this.

maqueswell

Hello Sazar:

I was referred to this place by my co-workers. I would do a Google search for "Ming Mirror Finish" it couldn't hurt to add "Austin, Tx" and see what that'll get you. Sorry i couldn;t be more specific on locations.

Good Luck with your search. If all fails, a day in SA isn't that bad, I dropped mine off at 8am and they were finished by 2pm.

Good DayMad Max

naladude911
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

nice m, i wish people at school, yes school, would look after there m's nicer. Some senior just got a 2009 M35x, and it already has a scrape

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”