External Wastegate for Stock Manifold - True Boost Control!

A forum for approved vendors of specialized, limited-production parts. Help small businesses that cater to Nissan enthusiasts and score some unique, useful parts! Contact [email protected] for approval and rates.
codyace
Car: S14 w/redtop

Modified Stock Manifoild For External Wastegate

Tired of boost creep issues? Frustrated with your internal gate not providing the response or spool you were looking for? Giving up on lack of true boost control? Well look no further than this modification!

Having tried all of the major internal gate upgrades on my personal car, as well as others, it gets to a point where you simply can not reasonably control bigger boost with the larger GT28+ internally gated turbos. While initially such products work, they eventually fail putting you right back to square one, however with the frustration that you spent your good money and it didn’t work.

A few years back I had my personal manifold modified to accept the traditional Tial 38mm wastegate to fend off these issues, and I’ve yet to look back since. Running a proper external wastegate allows for true control of your turbocharger, while also offering better spool up (as the little internal gate isn’t pushing open) as well as rock solid boost control when you’re wide open throttle.

This modification utilizes the stock manifold (proven time and time again to be the best option for bottom mounted turbos) and can be modified to accept any wastegate flange of your choice. The best option for final fitment IMO is the Tial 38mm MVS gate (v band) however all options will work 100% fine.

Tial MVS 38mm

Tial 38mm

Pricing and Information:
The modification to the manifold is 100 dollars. You will need to provide your manifold, and your flange of choice. After the welding is complete we can either ship it back to you, or we can ship it anywhere else you choose (the popular option is Extrude Hone, or to a High Temp coating place such as Swain Tech).

Contact
If you are interested, email me at (codyace AT gmail DOT com) or PM me for more information. THanks again!

Return to “Fabricators' Market”