EXAR-KUN take a look

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Stock-S13

ok Exar sorry for the noobish questions iam about to ask but iv enever really got the suspension part of a car.. ok anyway i would like to ask you if the thing in the middle between the coil (strut i think not sure) is making a shh noise is it time to replace it or what? also the rubber thing surrounding it (cv boots i think) are like falling apart what should i do? sorry but i had to ask...thanks-edgar

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

1-a 'psssht' sound is normal sometimes, unless it compresses too easliy or doesnt rebound(the strut) easily you shouldnt have to replace it, although if you want better performance you should..2-the boot is NOT a CV boot, your car has its CV axles in the rear. what your refering to is the "strut boot" or "shock dust boot" its main purpose is to keep nasty things from getting isnide the piston housing in the strut.

there ya go!if you need anything else, just ask!-chet

Myrk
Car: Cars, Drifting, Games, Manga's, random things from Japan...

Hello, in not wanting to not post another thread I thought that this one would be good try post in.

Exar-kun I was hoping that you would be able to help me find a rim. I screwed up one day trying new things.(I know I know stupid idea. :icon18) I have looked all over the place to try and find it, with no luck. I found one on ebay though but I don't have a Ebay account so I thought this place would be the next best thing. I'm looking for Enkei RS-Evolutions. They go by RS-E's on the Enkei website. 16" to be precise. Thanx

Here is a picture to help.

Stock-S13

no the boot i was refering to was in the back right back to be exact. but thanks for the previous info

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

If its the boot that goes on the shaft that goes between the differential and hub, then yes its a CV boot, if its broken there should be some grease slung out of it.

replace it ASAP, or get a new CV axle....but the best thing to do would be to buy a LSD with new shafts and output flanges...

:)

Discount tire has a lot of enkei's under exclusive contract I would try them first...if they cante help you I can call enkei direct and see if I can get my hands one one.-chet

Myrk
Car: Cars, Drifting, Games, Manga's, random things from Japan...

I have tried Discount tire and they do not appear on their site. I even contacted them but they did not get back to me. It would be much appreciated if you would try Enkei for me. Thank you very much if you are able to get them.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”