English for 2005 Nissan Fuga 350GT

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
MetaAsmo

Hi folks,
I just bought my very first car, which is a 2005 Nissan Fuga 350GT. Lovely car, and as you can imagine I've been doing a lot of reading up on it (especially on these forums).

It has the standard Japanese dashboard controls, Navigation system etc etc. I've managed to figure out a reasonable amount through Manuals I've found through links on these Forums.
But I can't find any information on if it's possible to replace this system entirely? Is the M35 Dash system identical enough that you can use it as an OEM replacement?
Has anyone else found a system they've paid to have it replaced?

It seems pretty certain there's no way to change the system software to English from what I've read, unfortunately.
Japanese interfaces aside, it's a great....great car.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Congrats on finding the model you wanted!
Suggestion: post a pic of your dash controls and maybe a 2005 M owner can let you know how it compares to the english version. I reckon all the parts aside from emissions control are the same for both. Like you, I'm thinking its just how the buttons are labelled.
You didn't mention where you live but as for the NAV, I reckon if you buy a disc for your country, the maps should work just fine, even if the lady who lives in the glove box still speaks Japanese for instructions.

MetaAsmo

Here's a picture of the dashboard I'm looking to replace.

I'd love to be able to get my maps for it, I'm from New Zealand. However from what I've read online so far I'm not sure that's possible? It'd be great to be proven wrong tho! Not much info on the 2005 series unfortunately though.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Right hand drive, cool. From a quick glance it looks like the buttons are different and in reverse. If you have some money and are willing to risk it not work, buy the panel, display, and nav/Bluetooth module for the 2006 version. It uses DVD nav which in sure the Nissan dealership there would have for sale.

Craig_450GT
Car: 2006 Nissan Fuga 450GT

Welcome :D

I was told (by City Nissan Takapuna) that these guys are the ones to see - http://www.alertautoelectrical.co.nz. Apparantly there is one around that has been done.

I had planned on enquiring about getting mine done but unfortunately have higher priorities now.

Where abouts in the country are you?

MetaAsmo

I'm down in Wellington. I would travel if I could get it done properly tho so I'll give those guys a call!

At this stage I'm mounting a Tablet in the vehicle and doing Audio/Navigation from that. However for Bluetooth phone calling etc I'd still be happy to pay to get the integrated dash system replaced.

salador

Hey guys sorry for digging up an old thread...

Just wondering if either of you found a solution?

Looking at doing a stereo conversion, wondering the best way to go about it.

Pinpoint

Any luck on this guys? Was hoping to just replace the dash buttons.

MetaAsmo

Sorry nope,I haven't got anywhere with this unfortunately. Any place I've talked to has said it'd be a completely custom job, so there's an element of risk and also it'd be expensive so I just haven't bothered.
That said, I haven't followed up with anyone for a year so I might ring around some places again and see if anythings changed!

Pinpoint

To bad! It is such a nice car but I so not like the Japanese signs everywhere.

I got an email back from Nissan NZ:
As far as we are aware the Fuga is a Japan domestic model only so English language buttons would be unlikely. The only option would be from an aftermarket supplier and even then it may not be possible.

Try one of the car stereo installers. You can find them via google.
Not very helpful.

James_05_M35_RHD
Car: 2005 Japanese Delivered Infinity M35 Sedan VQ35 top spec package
1985 New Zealand Delivered 300zx Turbo VG30ET 5MT

As far as Re Digging up a dug up topic

I have emailed this Russian guy for a Price on his English translation and asked him what i need to do. He has a video that specifically states an 05 Fuga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-rZOaggYU

I'm not so worried about a Nav Translation but Im quite willing to spend a bit of money on this.

Bigfatgut
Car: 2007 Fuga 350GT

Any luck with the Russian guy or another source?

James_05_M35_RHD
Car: 2005 Japanese Delivered Infinity M35 Sedan VQ35 top spec package
1985 New Zealand Delivered 300zx Turbo VG30ET 5MT

Not yet, dropped all my money on new wheels. Priorities , Its probably going to feature after an LSD and before a tow hitch. he emailed back to say it was $190 usd and he takes pay pal

Roti1
Car: 2005 Fuga 450GT, 97 Terrano (pathfinder), 88 Navara

Email Simon at [email protected]. He is in Estonia and ask him for pricing. I have done the upgrade and am very happy with outcome.
Col

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”