Engine ticking noise

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
4drmadness
Car: 04 g35 infiniti sedan

Hey guys when i started my car in the morning today, i could hear a very loud ticking noise coming from the glove box area. i switched the car off, and back on, and it still is making this sound. i opened my hood, and tried to see where the ticking noise was coming from. it looks like it is coming from somehwere close to the battery. anyone experinced this problem? or have any clue?. i dont think this is the car trying to cool down, and its much louder.

4drmadness
Car: 04 g35 infiniti sedan

K well my sexy friend helped me figure out that its actually a noise from my glovebox...the noise only comes on when the air recycle is on so he thinks that the valve that redirects the air is actually blocked somehow and the motor keeps turning which is clicking...so any tips on how to fix this? or even better how to drop the glove compartment to reach the cabin filter? (he thinks its the cabin filter blocking the valve)

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Black w/ Premium & Areo Pkg
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Lifted and Old School!

I think you have to squeeze the glove box.. That is how the Toyotas and fords are...

IDK how the G is as I have never changed the cabin filter!

DJ

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

4drmadness wrote:K well my sexy friend helped me figure out that its actually a noise from my glovebox...the noise only comes on when the air recycle is on so he thinks that the valve that redirects the air is actually blocked somehow and the motor keeps turning which is clicking...so any tips on how to fix this? or even better how to drop the glove compartment to reach the cabin filter? (he thinks its the cabin filter blocking the valve)
I hope you're referring to wasseem and not me.

I think there is an article on how to get to the air filter, but here goes:

Gently pull up the door trim from the front back.

Remove the plastic thum nut holding the passenger side kick plate (It's pretty far forward and on the floor). Gently pull the kick plate (there are clips)

Open up the glove box and remove all of the screws (should be at least 4)

Remove the two lower screws on the far right and left of the glove box (below the glove box door)

At this point, you should be able to pull out the glove box. If not, look for additional screws.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

+1, sounds about right

its really a very simply procedure. Should only take you 5 min. All you need is a phillips screw driver. the right kick plate (one plastic nut that you can get with hands) and the door trip just pull up, no screws.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”