Engine replacement or try to fix?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
iOrtho420
Car: 2000 Q45 base (4.1)

00' Q45 with roughly 28x,xxx miles decided to start knocking. From what i do know about cars it's most likely rod knock, knocking noise seems to be in sync with rpm. What i was mainly wondering is if i should just try and find a new motor or try to find the source and fix? since i can't most of the work on my own, whats the most cost-effective way to go about this?

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

At that high of miles on the car,I would just pick up a similar car with lower miles on it. they are pretty inexpensive these days.

Skibane
Car: 2000 Q45 AE 110K

Yep - And keep your original, as a parts donor vehicle.

iOrtho420
Car: 2000 Q45 base (4.1)

Thanks for the reply. Sadly i'm not able to hang on to it for a donor car because i have no extra space. Was wondering if any part is worth me removing before having to just sell it as scrape? I thought the TB would good to keep, not really sure what else is worth saving. Doubt the TB is worth anything. Any info regarding which items to remove for $$ would be awesome. Got a ridiculous offer from a junkcar buyer for 145$ for the car, not sure what else to do with it. Would a 500$ craigslist ad do justice? or would i be wasting time with a post on a car noone is looking for?
Appreciate any input.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”