Engine Conversion Wiring Issues - Starting

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
REAPAH
Car: C33 Laurel RB25DE+T

It's not exactly a skyline but close enough, a lot of you guys are pretty clued up on Nissans and may be able to help me out.

I have a C33 Laurel with an RB25DE+t (out of an R32) in it. I have done the wiring myself and everything is ok except for the starting. On crank I don't have any fuel or spark.

I suspect because this is due to the 'KEY SW Start signal' is not wired.

I have located this wire on the ECU side however I am unsure of where to wire this on the body harness. I thought giving this wire 12v would act the same however no luck. Even if I just remove the steering shroud and wire it to the ignition but I am unsure of where this goes. I'm running a Link ECU and am even suspecting tuning issues?

Any experts have an idea? Sick of having to push start the vehicle.

Any help appreciated

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

How is it that you don't have any fuel or spark when you try to start it with the key, but you can pop start it? I would say it's something in the ignition cylinder that is not activating the electronics when you turn the key to "Start" but it's on when you are in the "On" position. Still, that doesn't even make sense.

Not sure what it could be or how I can even help.

I would say to hit up the RB forum as this is a Skyline discussion forum. The RB forum can be found by scrolling down and looking at the navigation menu on the right of the page.

Hope ya get it worked out.

By the way, where are you located if you have a C33? I had one a few years ago before getting my R33 GT-R.

REAPAH

Gold Digger wrote:How is it that you don't have any fuel or spark when you try to start it with the key, but you can pop start it? I would say it's something in the ignition cylinder that is not activating the electronics when you turn the key to "Start" but it's on when you are in the "On" position. Still, that doesn't even make sense.

Not sure what it could be or how I can even help.

I would say to hit up the RB forum as this is a Skyline discussion forum. The RB forum can be found by scrolling down and looking at the navigation menu on the right of the page.

Hope ya get it worked out.

By the way, where are you located if you have a C33? I had one a few years ago before getting my R33 GT-R.
Yeh its a strange one, can push start it perfect but as soon as its under crank theres no ignition and fuel.

Thanks will check out the RB forum, I'm from New Zealand so there's tonnes of C33 Laurels here, it's just built to learn to drift in so thought it would be perfect, haha would definately prefer a R33 GT-R :P

Cheers

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Ahh. Was hoping you were here in Japan. Not too many gaijin car geeks in my area. Always looking for more people to hang out with.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Story of my life, Mike...

REAPAH

Gold Digger wrote:Ahh. Was hoping you were here in Japan. Not too many gaijin car geeks in my area. Always looking for more people to hang out with.
I wish I lived in Japan, even trying to learn the language to one day live there :)

I assume I won't get a job without knowing Japanese fluently?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

I came over here with about a 2 year old's level of Japanese. I got a job working for a privately owned English school. Been here for 7 years.

It could be, too, that I have a Japanese wife that speaks decent English and helps me out when I absolutely need it. I've picked up quite a bit in the last few years that I've been here.

REAPAH

Interesting! Sounds like a really cool and unique place :)

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”