Engine Code P1446, Exhaust makes weird noise, smokes a bit!

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
craigfralick
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Hey, new to the forum but love the car, minus a few weird things that it's doing.

Anyways I got this car about 3 weeks ago with a ton of miles on it, but it seems pretty solid other than a few things. First thing is the check engine light came on last week and I got this code off it which said P1446, so I google'd it and this is what I came up with

- Faulty EVAP Pressure Sensor
- EVAP Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- EVAP Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Blocked rubber tube to EVAP canister vent control valve
- EVAP Water separator
- EVAP canister is saturated with water
- Faulty EVAP canister vent control valve

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p1446_infiniti. ... z3CsqrqajN

Also, the car seems to make some loud booming type noises, like something in the back is being hit, not that dramatic though. I don't really know how else to describe that. Seems like an exhaust thing or something to me. I've had it up on the lift and nothing seems to be out of order, it's actually super clean for have 175k miles. One time though, it did start smoking...I was sitting in traffic and looked behind me and yeah there was smoke...Temp wasn't up or anything, and under the hood everything seemed fine, and once I kept on going it stopped and hasn't done it since. I drove a mile after that and then left the car running and it won't do it anymore, and I check constantly. I've tried finding more on this, but I don't know much about these sort of issues. Is it possible it's a valve making that much noise? Car runs great and that day is when the check engine light came on and I took it off and it hasn't come back, but the noise still happens. It's like whenever I go for a while, then stop, at a light or something, rarely happens when the car is moving. Any light on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

craigfralick

I should also say that the day the code came on, it did it right when I started the car, but it didn't start smoking till right as I was getting back from driving about 100 miles, I haven't gone on any trips since other than short 20 mile or so drives around town.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Ever check the oil dip stick?

Telcoman

craigfralick

Oil looks fine from what I can tell, it isn't low

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”