Emergency Brake Light????

All things Altima Coupe.
DReed86
Car: Altima Coupe 2008 SE 3.5 White CVT

Hey Guys my emergency brake light comes on randomly.....I have been able to turn it off by shifting my CVT into (N) then back to drive and it goes away..... Also When I turn on the car after several hours of not driving my Key battery shows as low despide the fact I just took a 4 hour drive last week and charged the key the whole time.....

I think the cold is effecting it, it is not doing any damage to my car, so its not a serious issue. I just want to know if anyone has had this problem before...... and/or if my AC is about to get a serious electrical problem, or is it just the cold weather????

specs my car is 3.5 08" AC with about 21k on it.....

Thanks guys

bluedragonxtl
Car: 2008 3.5se altima sedan

Did u let the dealership check it out? My brake light turn on at random time too and turn out the master cylinder under the brake pedal leaked oil. Replaced free under warranty.

coupecrazy1232
Car: 2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo 1430

DReed86 wrote:Also When I turn on the car after several hours of not driving my Key battery shows as low despide the fact I just took a 4 hour drive last week and charged the key the whole time.....
sorry bro but that doesnt charge the fob...its just an emergency if the battery dies...u need to replace the battery!

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

DReed86 wrote:...Also When I turn on the car after several hours of not driving my Key battery shows as low despide the fact I just took a 4 hour drive last week and charged the key the whole time.....
Where exactly did you charge it? in that slot on the left side of the dash? I don't remember reading in the manual that the slot charges the transponder.

legend_217
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5 black

check your brake fluid, and buy a new battery for your remote. The slot you are talking about does not charge your remote at all.

DReed86

Lol some one told me it charged the fob.... lol I feel like a dumbass now.... Thanks Guys

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Yea, stealerships like to do that. No, nothing in the car charges you key fob.

93coupe
Car: crap

legend_217 wrote:check your brake fluid,
I thought the hand brake was cable operated.

adidas2go

93coupe wrote:
I thought the hand brake was cable operated.
The brake warning lamp will illuminate in the case of parking brake operation (when switch is ON), or if brake fluid level switch operation (when brake fluid is insufficient).

After starting engine, brake warning lamp is turned off.

DReed86

Thanks Adidas....

Ive got an oil change at the stealership on Tuesday so Ill have then check it out...

coupecrazy1232
Car: 2008 Nissan 350Z Nismo 1430

well s*** i was to busy being a b**** and forgot to tell u that my light did that s*** and it was becuz my brake fluid was low and my master cylinder was shot and had to be replaced...2500 worth of work...gotta love the warranty!!!

93coupe
Car: crap

adidas2go wrote:
The brake warning lamp will illuminate in the case of parking brake operation (when switch is ON), or if brake fluid level switch operation (when brake fluid is insufficient).

After starting engine, brake warning lamp is turned off.
Good to know. Thanks.

razah9

I've gotten this too lately since it's cold. I've got 40kmiles and I can tell my front brakes aren't too kosherw my spirited driving style.

When I just got any oil change the guy said he's gotan altima too & it's prob not the fluid level but my padsare worn so pressure's off probably.

Should I just grab a pair of front pads from stillen & seehow that goes?

adidas2go

Pressure doesn't change with pad wear. Pressure changes with leaks in the system. If you have a low pressure problem you either have a master cylinder issue, or you have a leak. If you have a leak, then you have low fluid level and......VOILAH! Brake light.

However, with pad wear, the piston that pushes in the pads move inward, and the fluid has more brake line area to cover at that point, so the fluid level drops in the maser cylinder, causing an indication.

He is right, to a point. If your pads are really that low, change them. If that doesn't fix the light, go with more fluid.

razah9

well @ 40k 2day I had new pads put on cause of 80% wearaccording to a friend's family mechanic around the corner frommy job. He cut the rotors cause it wasn't too kosher w somehard scraping I'd hear once in awhile that he said were a resultof the harder composite oem pad was digging into the rotor.or something...

Brake light didn't come on during my drive home so I don't know but so far so good.

DReed86

Thanks Guys I took it to the stealership......

All it was, was break fluid..... Thanks

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

This exact thing just happened to me, I should have searched NICO! I had the "brake" light in the tachometer going on and off after acceleration and I just got a call saying its the master cylinder from the dealership. Unfortunately they are on backorder and I probably wont get my car till next week. :/

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”