Write up on installing Emanage into CA18 S13 240sx/Silvia/180sx.

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
rexhunta
Car: '95 Mitsubishi RVR ( 4G63T and AWD thanks !)
MY10 Forester X LE

GREDDY EMANAGE INSTALL INTO CA18DET S13.

Items used :

Philips ScrewdriverSoldering ironHeatshrinkSolderCuttersElectrical tape.

Easy forward install, most are just tap ins, apart from these wires. Follow closely, otherwise the car will not start. Please Make sure you disconnect the battery, and while disconnected push the brake pedal a few times to clear ECU. Please only install if you are an auto sparky, or very very confident with wiring. Otherwise theres many problems you can come across, and you’ll either break your ECU, your emanage, both or a lot of other stuff… so a very big WARNING.

Also, when viewing plugs, view as wires go into them. Otherwise it will be back to front.

AIRFLOW METER INPUT.

Cut the Air Flow Meter wire to intercept, WHITE goes to AIRFLOW METER, GREEN wire goes to ECU.

IGNTION TIMING

The Ignition timing harness is a little more fiddly, it requires cutting of every wire, and then resoldering on, so be very careful with this one, as if you go backwards, you will not be able to start your car.

Same principle on all wires, WHITE is the input from the ECU, BLACK is the output to the COILPACKS

these are the pinouts of the harnesses on the emanage, just as you would view them if they were plugged in

Pinouts on ECU As you see them when you take out off the cover. Note, where theres the orange writing, thats where the coloured wires on the back of the emanage has to go.

Any help, i am easy to get hold of. Right click photos and save as for clear copies.

Pete
Modified by rexhunta at 6:40 PM 9/26/2006

dash
Car: s13 ca18

Are you using a bone stock ecu ??

Thanks for the writeup!Over here we're lacking in the tuning department for those who want to retain nissan electronics. Until that 'Nico' ecu programmer comes along with a good mafs/injector tune, we'll have to play with piggybacks. Miata guys are doing well with their Emanage blue. Those that have tried it, swear by the Ultimate which they say is substantially better.I spoke to one tuner who ran the EMU on his street mitsubishi and it did indeed allow him to get rid of his AFM as advertised. He said it drove/tuned considerably better and made solid power at 28psi.Would be interesting on a ca18det.

dat_twinkie
Car: 1992 240sx coupe, RHD conversion, CA18DET power

i wonder if the emanage ultimate is that great, since it's still consider as a piggyback unit right?i was looking into it when it first came out for my ae86 but nobody had it yet... i wanted to put it into my ae86 so i could run individual throttle bodies on it.. and when and if you take out the afm to run a map setup do you have to get a vacuum or map sensor?

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

Hey Pete,

I'm going to sticky this because you did an outstanding job and this information will prove to be useful to some of the guys/girls who want to take the e-manage path. Again, outstanding job!

Dee

rexhunta
MY10 Forester X LE

dash wrote:Are you using a bone stock ecu ??

Thanks for the writeup!Over here we're lacking in the tuning department for those who want to retain nissan electronics. Until that 'Nico' ecu programmer comes along with a good mafs/injector tune, we'll have to play with piggybacks. Miata guys are doing well with their Emanage blue. Those that have tried it, swear by the Ultimate which they say is substantially better.I spoke to one tuner who ran the EMU on his street mitsubishi and it did indeed allow him to get rid of his AFM as advertised. He said it drove/tuned considerably better and made solid power at 28psi.Would be interesting on a ca18det.
Yes i'm using the bone stock ecu, as the emanage is a piggyback, all it does it takes or gives points. So easy to use.

I'm using mine to control my RB20 AFM ( just a drop menu away in the software, that simple), my injectors, and the timing. Cold starts you don't have to program, as it uses the factory cold start programmed in the ecu.

I haven't used it as a mafless setup, but a close friend of mine is thinking of doing it in his 4 door 34 drift car, so we'll see how he goes, but that will be running an SR, but it'll be same setup.

I'm using emanage in my car ( ks13 silvia, ca18det) and its a blast. every now and then i get a little error of incorrect timing order, but that's prolly cause my coilpacks are ****ting itself or somethign stupid, but i only gewt that not even once a month now. It's such a good basic ecu. I have many guys over here who are going to start using it after seeing how easy it was in my car.
boost_boy wrote: Hey Pete,

I'm going to sticky this because you did an outstanding job and this information will prove to be useful to some of the guys/girls who want to take the e-manage path. Again, outstanding job!

Dee
Thanks alot man, i have also posted this info over at http://www.nissansilvia.com which is a Australian based S1x site ( absolutely massive for info as well as this site), so it's awaiting to be approved into this tech info section too, as i get at least 3 pms every 4 days about it..

Pete

CaEric
Car: 91 Sr Pwred Coupe

So the emanager is unervrersal like a safc ? basicaly any one will work ?

rexhunta
MY10 Forester X LE

CaEric wrote:So the emanager is unervrersal like a safc ? basicaly any one will work ?
Correct. It is universal, as the emanage has no settings in it all from factory.. it's just a plus/minus points thing.

Pete

dash
Car: s13 ca18

Rex,Have you verified the Emanage ability to advance AND retard timing ?I know they used to have mis-fire issues on the ca18.... I'm wondering if your 'ignition error' could be related.

Yeah, lots of folks get satisfying results using Emanage.Check out this nice 300hp ca18 tuned via Emanage bluehttp://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=246845

rexhunta
MY10 Forester X LE

dash wrote:Rex,Have you verified the Emanage ability to advance AND retard timing ?I know they used to have mis-fire issues on the ca18.... I'm wondering if your 'ignition error' could be related.

Yeah, lots of folks get satisfying results using Emanage.Check out this nice 300hp ca18 tuned via Emanage bluehttp://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=246845
Yeah, every now and then i get mis-fires, i just thought it was cause of bigger injectors/AFM was too much for cruising speed.

I can stop the ignition error now, but just keeping it above 1000rpm, so i might change my idle up, i can do that via the emanage as well.

I've just picked up parts of an E-01, but need a few more parts, so when thats complete, i'll write up how to whack that in, and how to tune the emanage via the e-01 controller ala power fc and hand controller.. except this is with a top of the line boost controller.

Peteq

rexhunta
MY10 Forester X LE

OKay, was out in the car taking some fuel out and turning my boost down so save some fuel, and thought i'd get you some screenshots of the Support Tool.

This is on my laptop, it runs win98 se.. pentium 200 with 160meg of ram.. not the greatest, but she works fine..

This is the data logging screen, was getting some data from letting it idle, so see if i can fix my dropout problem..

Okay, the next few are from my desktop pc, as the maps and logging i save on the laptop, i put on the desktop to check out and see whats happening.. i try to datalog every 2-3 weeks, just the trip to work and back, to see if everything still the same... yes i'm a bit anal on it..

This is the main config screen... where you can change your injector size, and change the AFMs, and which maps you use.

And finally, this is the main maps page.. these are my fuel and timing maps.. exactly like an SAFC, you give or take timing/fuel using this.

Pete

Chris859

Sweet info, I was thinking of using an safc2 to tune for larger injectors/maf. But I think i'm sold on trying out an emanage now! Nice write-up, simple and to the point!

Thepest
Car: s13 coupe

That was a big help!

page02wrx
Car: 2004 350z

Hm... I need to figure out what I'm looking at in those pics.....

Perhaps I"ll understand it more when I see the emanage and ECU, I've never seen the ECU on my CA18 Yet

Bizzle
Car: RS13

So do you wire in the coil pack wires in together??

I.E Yellow White + Yellow Black, Together into 11?

rexhunta
MY10 Forester X LE

coilpacks should be done individually mate.

e.g 1 2 3 4 to 1 2 3 4

not 1 2 1 34 2

driftin8ez
Car: 92 Coupe, Turbo Miata

which emanage did you use? The ultimate or just the regular one that goes for like $250?

sjbsuperman1425
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
CA18DET

so did you do it as a "street tune", or did you go to a dyno and tune it there as well. Im asking because the dyno's here can't tune for sh1t, let alone a foreign car...thanks.

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

he no longer has his car, nor does he hardly ever visit the forums.

sjbsuperman1425
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
CA18DET

MeanGreenS13 wrote:he no longer has his car, nor does he hardly ever visit the forums.
ok, i wont hold my breath lol

MeanGreenS13

what im doing is having my ecu eprom tuned, and then im using the emanage for timing control and fine fuel tuning.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Which is the best way to do it.

MeanGreenS13

yes ma'am

irie_slida808
Car: 420sx

does the greddy emanage blue works as well?

MeanGreenS13

yes. this is actually for a blue.

herve1610
Car: RS13 CA18DET AFM Z32/444CC INJECTOR/ T28 GARRETT TO 1.2BAR/FULL STANLESS EXAUST / FMIC /GREDDY PROFFECT B SPEC II / GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE / ETC......

hello,

I installed GReddy e-manage blue in the car and installed the support toll on my pc. I manage to read the data in real time but I can not change them. he said "this e-manage unit is not supported for this
version.please contact your authorized dealer. why.

GReddy e-manage support tool / version / update file is 1.49

thank me

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”