Electrical and Interior Problems

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
94Q45Beast
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45t w/HICAS
1992 INFINITI Q45
2017 INFINITI Q70S AWD BLACK ON BLACK

Problem #1 = only the drivers side door window goes up and down, center console doesn't do anything and the actual button on the doors make a whining/grinding/struggling to get the window moving noise and nothing happens

Problem #2 = is there an adapter of some sort available so I can charge my phone through the cigarette lighter

Problem #3 = the electrical door lock button on the drivers side door that's suppose to lock and unlock all doors doesn't lock or unlock any door, only the drivers side door, and on that It will only lock but while unlocking it spazzes out and goes nuts.

Problem #4 = TCS button doesn't work, I don't think its the button because it keeps blowing the TCS fuse under the hood and SLIP slight has never gone away since the cars resurrection

Problem #5 = how do I replace the leather on the front seats, they are cracked and finally gave out a few days ago as for OEM floor mats

1994 Q45 Base

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

Problem #6 = ABS light and hand brake light are on constantly with a display message "Low Battery Charge", I took it to Sears since I have a die hard battery and it checked out fine, they also checked the alternator and that too checked out fine. this started a few days ago

white90esex
Car: 90 240sx
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

Sounds like a mess of electrical issues that would suck lol.

#1- if the motors are sounding like they are working its a failed regulator. The cable inside is possibly jammed up and nothing wants to move, so thats a mechanical issue. If the center console switches aren't doing anything then they are damaged somehow like someone spilling soda in there and the contacts are all fugged or maybe wiring is bad under or even unplugged. pop the center out and check it out. Bottom line though you sound like you have bad regulators so pulling the door panels and seeing whats going on inside is your next step.

#2- to my knowledge they make car chargers lol. No but its tough to say whats going on right there. The cig lighter on mine is funky too. I remember my charger wouldnt work but I never even checked to see if its getting power. the ashtray/cig ligher setup is junk in these cars.

#3- Im guessing its something within the switch. If you put your key in the door you can turn it and lock/unlock everything ok?

#4- I dont have TCS on mine so no experience with that but theres gotta be a short somewhere in the system since when you press it its blowing the fuse. That might be a pain to track down but might be something with the sensors on the hubs themselves idk.

#5- If you haven't done upholstery thats going to be tricky. Hog ring pliers, and a steamer would be great to have. Theres not a whole lot on the market for replacement leather for these.

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

#1 - I'll take a look and post back

#2 - how do u pull the ashtray out? my revengeful bro just broke the left side of the ashtray hinge (or what ever its called), now I gotta hold the bottom of the wood trim down every time I wanna open and close it.

#3 - yeah it locks and unlocks fine with the key

#4 - that will be a pain, I'll fix that last

#5 - is there anyone here who's done this? and re wrapped the steering wheel to a thicker size for bigger hands? oh and I hate steering wheel covers, they dampen the vibrations I feel while driving

#6 - it just went away

also, how bad is the over steer without traction controll

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

#1 and #3 are likely a problem with the LAN system. I don't have a lot of good news--the LAN system on the 94 in particular (first year) can be temperamental. try doing the LAN self tests (read the FSM), might shed some light.
#2 i use the front ashtray 12v source all the time in both G50 for phone charger.
general. I wouldn't trust sears without a lot of verification. long time G50 owners know the car likes 13-14v. it reallly does not like 12.9 and below.
low voltage could also be messin with your LAN.
#5 seats find an upholstery shop, steering wheel, use a "wheelskin" have 'em on both G50s and it's like a fat factory leather wheel!

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

#2a: you have a busted hinge on the ashtray. gotta take out the lower console, not that bad. simple repair on the ashtray, by using a drill blank of appropriate size in place of the roll pin or whatever was there before.

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

I got 12.3V, I just had a chat with the previous owner (my father) and he told me the battery was completely dead about 4 years after he parked it and he put in his Honda Oddessy's battery in right before he handed me the keys. will pick up another Die Hard battery, wheel skin looks great ,will post back

94Q45Beast
1992 INFINITI Q45

battery was just charged to 13.7V, no difference, will do the self LAN test within a few days,

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”