E85

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

Currently playing with this, notes so far:

+ While runing catless doesn't leave the black exhaust stuff everywhere, like on garage floor at exhaust or on rear of bumper.

+ Runs clean, really clean no eye watering even though its running rich. No Gas smell

+ Cheaper than 92 or race fuel

+ They say its 103 octane but Sean has stated its more like 97 which is still better than 92

- Requires 30-35% more fuel
- Needs to run really rich compared to regular fuel
- Tank empties quick
- Not widely available
- I need to upgrade my whole fuel system in order to make good power from this but a + would be that I'm set up for huge power on race gas.

To change over with the PFC with Data Log-it was a snap. Car ran rough at first, then changed injector values and she smoothed out. I do not know if I will continue to run E85, I really like how clean it is but I still prefer Gas.

tyndago

E85 is 95 ish, but it runs a lot more like a higher octane fuel.

You can pump up the timing to get the mileage up.

Be careful on the actual ethanol content. It can be from 90 percent, to about 60 percent. If you are running hard on "E85", then E70 might die the engine.

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

Yes the E70 is the winter mix which is still listed as E85 even though its 70% versus 85%, thanks for the heads up. I would like to see how this stuff works on a Smog test or CA Bar, any info?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”