Driver's Side Door Fit ('07 SE AWD)

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
mallthus
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano SE AWD

I'm having what I think is an unusual amount of wind noise coming from around the driver's side front door. I wonder if it's just my Murano or if others are seeing it as well.

Usually, the issue is only noticeable at turnpike speeds (70+), when it sounds like the door's not fully shut. Occasionally, I'll get the same effect at a stop or at slower speeds when there's a considerable crosswind (not uncommon here in Oklahoma). Interestingly, I can pull on the door handle and the door will pull in noticeably; enough so that I can even feel it tighten when I put my fingers (well, my fingertips) into the gap between frame and door.

I've been driving my Murano now for about 6 months and have noticed this from the start. According to the CarFax and the included maintenance records, the one previous owner was fastidious and the car's been in no accidents. I've also checked the door seals and they don't appear to be even near failure (not surprising given that they're only 4 years old), so I think I've ruled out one potential problem.

My thoughts, at this point, are that this door is just not fit correctly or that this is a design flaw. :gotme Certainly, I prefer the former explanation, as there's at least some hope of a repair in that case.

On that (repair) note, is there some obvious and easily accessible adjustment point that I should be looking to? I'm not overly keen to buy a shop manual at this point, given that I'm not planning to do any major mechanical work on this car (I reserve my wrenching for the Jeep and Volvo).

Any advice would be hugely appreciated at this point.

Thanks,
Mallthus in Oklahoma
2007 Nissan Murano SE AWD
2002 Volvo V70 AWD
1982 Jeep Wagoneer

Return to “Murano Forum”