drift tuners inc. gtrs legally in the usa

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
fritzy

ok I somehow stumbled upon this website nicoclub and loved it. i have been reading forums for the past year but this is my first time posting. ok i understand that the skyline is not legal unless you find one thats been through motorx or a kiaza. i understand the whole jk technologies doing crash tests with 1996-1998 skylines. well it seems that this jk technologies is working with drift tuners inc. drift tuners inc is as they say able to vin and title cars that have US street next to the names and couple skylines on there site do. i dont know if this is motorx rewriten or something amazing

ps. i sent them e mails of US legal they responded with this When you see “US street use” we can ship it to you and you can drive it. We don’t mess around with the law. Every car that you see that states that it’s US legal it means just that.

i sent them this -so all the adjustments are made to the car before it reaches me, eg. US vin and title, but I would have to regester it in my state.

Drift tuners inc.-Yes everything is done before you receive the car. All you would need to do is register it.

i dont know if this is real or some clown the url is this http://www.drifttuners.com

need help

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Just for your information, I have been talking to Jeremy Body of Drifttuners, and I want to make sure you understand one thing...

When he says he can legalize a Skyline, he is talking about the R33's only.

Yes, he does work with JK Technologies to have the cars ECU converted to an OBD II compliant system, and also the other mods that need to be done, but it's very expensive. You pay a fee for the mods on top of the price of the car. Be aware of that.

I have talked to him a couple times through e-mails and once on the phone. He has been very open and honest about what he does. All the information you need is on his website.

I am trying to get down to the shop here on the Japan side to take a look at the operation and hopefully get something going with Drift Tuners and NICO for the future.

fritzy

thanks and about how much would i be looking to spend in modifications alone to make it street legal.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

fritzy wrote:thanks and about how much would i be looking to spend in modifications alone to make it street legal.
I am really not at liberty to discuss this as it's not my company. I would suggest e-mailing him and asking him. But, believe me, it's not cheap.

Vandrel
Car: R33

why go through drift tuners? go straight to j.k. and cut out the middle man. all you need is someone to source a car for you and j.k. will take care of the rest. they charge in the ball park range of $20k for a 96-98 R33 to be brought into conforming status. call them up and they will give you all the info you need

drifttuners
Car: Skyline R34 25 GT, Supra RZ, Dodge Magnum

1996 through 1998 R33 and 1998 R34 is $26,000 to federalize for U.S. street use. We can get you a R34 25GT for $10,000 shipped but we need to send it to JK first to federalize for U.S. street use. So your going to be at the $36,000 mark. This is still under the market value for a 'legal' skyline therefore an investment. We are currently working with a dealer in the U.S. and have this dealer Federalize the Skylines then have the cars sit on there lot legal and ready to go with the bonus of financing available. If you have any questions about the process and cost then PM me or email me through the website because I need to be careful about advertising publicly on NICO until approval. I wish to respect the rules of the forum at the same time inform about our policy's and the rules of importation. As a side note not all JDM imports (Excluding Skylines) are $26,000 to modify for compliance.
Modified by drifttuners at 9:20 PM 11/19/2008

drifttuners

Vandrel wrote:why go through drift tuners? go straight to j.k. and cut out the middle man. all you need is someone to source a car for you and j.k. will take care of the rest. they charge in the ball park range of $20k for a 96-98 R33 to be brought into conforming status. call them up and they will give you all the info you need
No disrespect Vandrel however the information you provided is incorrect. First J.K. is designing a website right now where one page will be dedicated to DRIFT Tuners where we will be the primary importer of the Skyline. When J.K. started, there main market was exotic cars like the Ferrari. In a lot of cases Lois (owner of JK) has contacted us and has shown there support at a high level for being upfront with customers therefore Lois extended there help by promising a page within there website and making us the primary importer in North America specifically for the Skyline. Simply put there to busy to filter tire kickers so to speak with there current workload therefore extending that part to us. Anyways to the point. They will not sell you a Skyline for $20,000, it cost alone $26,000 for the compliance process. Yes in someway we may be "the middle man" however if you call JK they will refer you to us.
Modified by drifttuners at 9:23 PM 11/19/2008

drifttuners

Hey Gold Digger!!! hope things are well. Let me know when you want to see the shop!

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

drifttuners wrote:Hey Gold Digger!!! hope things are well. Let me know when you want to see the shop!
Will do, boss. Might have to be a morning thing, though, or a weekend. I don't get any more vacation time till the end of December, and I am pretty much already tied up for those days.

Might have to wait till after the first of the year.

JaS3113
Car: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec LM Ltd- Angelina

drifttuners wrote:
No disrespect Vandrel however the information you provided is incorrect. First J.K. is designing a website right now where one page will be dedicated to DRIFT Tuners where we will be the primary importer of the Skyline. When J.K. started, there main market was exotic cars like the Ferrari. In a lot of cases Lois (owner of JK) has contacted us and has shown there support at a high level for being upfront with customers therefore Lois extended there help by promising a page within there website and making us the primary importer in North America specifically for the Skyline. Simply put there to busy to filter tire kickers so to speak with there current workload therefore extending that part to us. Anyways to the point. They will not sell you a Skyline for $20,000, it cost alone $26,000 for the compliance process. Yes in someway we may be "the middle man" however if you call JK they will refer you to us.

Modified by drifttuners at 9:23 PM 11/19/2008
Hey, I'm very interested in picking up a couple of GTR's, but why would I go through Drifttuners? You're not a US Register RI, you guys are bringin in cars through Canada with a race license. If the cars can be made legal it has to be done through a RI. I have 4 Motorex R33's, all have EPA and know of 4 more around the area, are you saying that you guys now have a working OBD II system for RB26's?

I call BS until you can show proof that the OBD II system is available and JK Tech themselves say that they can 100% legalize the cars for the 49 states.

drifttuners

JaS3113 wrote:
Hey, I'm very interested in picking up a couple of GTR's, but why would I go through Drifttuners? You're not a US Register RI, you guys are bringin in cars through Canada with a race license. If the cars can be made legal it has to be done through a RI. I have 4 Motorex R33's, all have EPA and know of 4 more around the area, are you saying that you guys now have a working OBD II system for RB26's?

I call BS until you can show proof that the OBD II system is available and JK Tech themselves say that they can 100% legalize the cars for the 49 states.
Thank you for bringing this up and asking.

1st, JK Tech did the crash testing for MOTOREX. Anyone who ever visited MOTOREX knows that they did not have an on site crash testing facility. Crash testing of JDM's imported from Japan into the United States happened only when JK petitioned the Federal Government, - the petition was excepted and permission of importing the Skyline based on JK's crash testing results was granted. If requested I can provide you with all of the JDM petitions that clearly shows MOTOREX was 'not' the RI that submited those petitions. JK is the only RI in the U.S. that can legally modify the Skyline, because we hold the crash testing results and being the only RI that knows what and how to modify the Skyline for EPA, DOT, NHTSA and the FMVSS approval. 100% legal nothing less.

2nd, We don't just import for track use we also import for street use in the U.S. and Canada and have a pro drift team in DMCC and soon to expand our team to Formula D, custom buld Drift cars etc. etc.

3rdly, we work with JK like I said earlier in this topic above. We import Skylines into the U.S. under a 150% bond then federalize the skyline before you ever see that car. Time and money??? $26,000 plus a legal requierment of 120 days to ensure the vehicle is brought into conformity from the date of importation or is exported from, or abandoned to, the United States. That specific information is under Box 3 of the HS-7 Declaration Form.

Also I don't really understand your question, you say - "are you saying that you guys now have a working OBD II system for RB26's? " - My answer is, the engine type dose not mater, we have the OBDII system for the R33 and the R34 (1996 thru 1998) 25gt, GTR and GTST. Simple phone call to JK (1-410-366-6332) would tell you that JK is sending us there customers to facilitate the importation of the Skyline as a filtering process then JK dose the work. Talk to Lois Joyeusaz, the owner. If you read above you will see that JK is also creating a page for us on there website. All the info is on our website. Simply put, if you go to any other RI in the U.S. to import a skyline they can't legaly bring it into complyance, call any RI on the NHTSA registered list they will all tell you the same. Also call the EPA to confirm that JK in fact is the only RI that holds the crash testing results and are the only RI that know what needs to get done to conform according to EPA and the NHTSA standards and ask them what 'other RI' has brought a Skyline into compliance, I already know the answer, NONE!.

DRIFT Tuners also holds the crash results and I provided a copy to the admin of NICO Club, (Matt). The OBDII system is not the only thing that gets done, not even close, it's a lot of work and shop time that could empty your bank but is a great investment considering our prices and the going market.

Example: RB Motoring was a registered importer, employee Sean Morris who worked for MOTOREX are no longer listed as an RI, why? well just apply what I said above about RI's being able to import skylines but can't legaly sell them because there not in compliance. Why?? because there not JK.

*** I would like to challenge you on providing a scanned copy of the NHTSA letter of approval and the notice of compliance from the EPA and post it in this forum from your Skylines. Just would like to see and it would be a great example of what is needed and what you get with a 'legal' Skyline

Why chose DRIFT Tuners?? Because we know our stuff and for your peace of mind that your not getting ripped off or your car getting seized and crushed. We care about your investment!

I hope this helps and that it answers your questions!!

Helpfull Linkshttp://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

JDM's that can be imported state sidehttp://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/...8.pdf

Registered Importershttp://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/...8.pdf

FMVSShttp://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/...1.htm

Modified by drifttuners at 5:08 PM 11/22/2008

drifttuners

Just as a quick addition to the topic. We are a registered importer with the Canadian Government (Government Registration: BN 892628926RT0001 - 892628926RM0001) and when a question is asked like above about us not being a RI in the U.S. please note that in the List of non conforming vehicles eligible for import list provided from the NHTSA, it states and I quote "Under one of the exceptions to this prohibition, found in 49 U.S.C. § 30141, a motor vehicle that was not originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS can be lawfully imported into the United States, provided it is determined eligible for importation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and is imported by a registered importer, or by a person who has a contract with a registered importer to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable FMVSS following importation."

So yes we are not an RI in the U.S. but we are the ONLY Canadian importer that has the contract with the RI to bring the Skyline into conformity. It’s very simple, and I don’t know why people always make reasons on why you can’t import into the U.S….. Really it’s the lack proper information; people read too much on the forums for information, information that is guessing based and not facts in most cases. Just pick up the phone and call the Government. Do you have a contract with the RI? I would guess not so that’s why you would use our service to make it painless and cost effective as possible.

drifttuners

Just to give you an update and some scamming importers that we reported to the NHTSA and EPA, decision was discussed with J.K. Tech on the decision for us to report. There company will be shut down and the owners will be prosecuted. I hope to god that none of you bought from them. If you did you need to contact me to submit evidence to the Federal Government. The following are 2 that were reported today where a taskforce will be sent to seize all assets.

http://www.officialjdm.com

and

http://www.kaizoindustries.com

***BTW to all of you who scam people out of there hard earned money by selling illegal Skylines listen up! The Federal Government has just passed a law to regulate all JDM motors therefore if you import an illegal Skyline as a parts car with no motor you now can't import the motor without it passing EPA standards and prove that it will be installed in a compliant Skyline. We are not messing around when people are getting scammed. We get many customers calling for our help because they are getting ripped off. We now are reporting all fraudulent activity to the EPA and NHTSA. Over the next few months we will be reporting JDM importers involved in illegal activity.

Modified by drifttuners at 4:17 PM 11/24/2008

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

What Jas was saying is the whole ODBII problem can be fixed but it hasn't been done because its not cost effective. Whoever does it will not be able to make a profit unless they sell a bunch of cars,,,bunch. The ODBII fix would be a workaround not a true fix, any whoos. Jas knows what is needed for compliance as do I. We both have the documentation.

Sean had some question for you on Freshalloy, wy don't you answer the questions that have been hanging in limbo over there.

How many Bond releases on Skylines does JK or you have?

drifttuners

edthemanjp wrote:What Jas was saying is the whole ODBII problem can be fixed but it hasn't been done because its not cost effective. Whoever does it will not be able to make a profit unless they sell a bunch of cars,,,bunch. The ODBII fix would be a workaround not a true fix, any whoos. Jas knows what is needed for compliance as do I. We both have the documentation.

Sean had some question for you on Freshalloy, wy don't you answer the questions that have been hanging in limbo over there.

How many Bond releases on Skylines does JK or you have?
1. Define OBDII can be fixed, but it hasn't been done because its not cost effective?? Are you sugesting that no one has done this complyance addition?? If so then what dose that say about "jas"'s legal Skylines?? Are you speaking on his behalf on what really was done on his cars?2. Define Cost effective, to who's budget, yours?3. Profit as a company is made in the car it's self, not the process, the process is a requrement by the Federal Government - non profit to us.4. Define workaround, there is no so called work around in the process. The OBDII is a system aproved and required by the U.S. Government.5. If "Jas" knows what is needed for complyance then why did he ask the questions that is import 101 in terms of J.K. and DRIFT Tuners? If he know's the process then he knows that we are the contact for legal Skylines. please call J.K. and do more research.6. What documentation is it that you have?7. Why when "jas" stated that he has "legal" skylines dose he not post the documentation for the members to see to help build member awareness and experience??

As for Sean, good question... Sean is a great guy in his own way, in fact our hired marketing company (Race Day Media) (Frank) knows Sean very well and the RB motoring team a former RI. Sean when first introduced to DRIFT Tuners he was on the mission to expose scam importers like Supacas. When Sean was introduced to DRIFT Tuners he made the assumption that we were scamming the Government and U.S. residents by importing 'Track cars' but really putting them on the street. Well this is not the case. Please do your research on the history of how the Skyline even came into the U.S. IT WAS NOT MOTOREX!!!, J.K. my friend! Sean did not know at the time that J.K. Tech were the ones who did the crash testing for MOTOREX for which he worked for, therefore jumped on us about being a scamming importer. Since then things have changed and now Sean knows a bit more. We are currently working on eliminating the Google links on the old posts, that is why we deleted all our replies on their forum for damage control.

Look I love talking to people about this issue with importing to the U.S. but we are chasing our tails. DRIFT Tuners is an importer with the special relationship with J.K. It wasn’t easy to establish this because of all the scams. If you think you know what you’re doing on importing, good luck my friend but please, me knowing our experience you’re going to fail importing a 100% legal Skyline. PLEASE CALL THE NHTSA & EPA!!!! Why keep challenging me when you can hear it from the source!!! Kinda argumentative and pointless. We know our stuff. Being skeptical only makes you lose in the end as a fellow enthusiast, future driver of a legal Skyline.
Modified by drifttuners at 11:32 PM 11/24/2008

noobedloser

Will you guys be planning to try and legalize the r32, r33 and r34 models for the US? Also can we negotiate on the price of the cars that you offer? Do you guys buy the car for us or do we have to do it ourselves and then send u the car?

edthemanjp

drifttuners wrote:
Please do your research on the history of how the Skyline even came into the U.S. IT WAS NOT MOTOREX!!!, J.K. my friend! Sean did not know at the time that J.K. Tech were the ones who did the crash testing for MOTOREX for which he worked for
Skylines do not have all the hardware or wiring for an IDBII. If you or JK have an ODBII working, good job I'm still a skeptic.

Ahh.... Sean was there during the crash testing (showthread.php?t=180779) Link posted because of your attitude. JK didn't start the process, they were paid by Motorex to do the crash testing and that with the cooperation from NHTSA allowed Motorex to be the only company to be able to federalize Skylines.

Now you still didn't answer the question about you or JK having a bond release letter, do you have any????

Jas as do I have bond release letters signed by Coleman Sachs NHTSA and I'm not posting them for you.

If you are Legit ask Sean to remove the sticky that calls you out and if he does I'll remove this info along with an apology otherwise I will ensure the info gets out so you don't scam people. I don't like scammers

drifttuners

noobedloser wrote:Will you guys be planning to try and legalize the r32, r33 and r34 models for the US? Also can we negotiate on the price of the cars that you offer? Do you guys buy the car for us or do we have to do it ourselves and then send u the car?
Hi and thank you for your question "noobedloser"...The only legal Skyline to import is the R33 and R34 from 1996 through 1998. The R32 is not legal and will never be. The only thing that we can help you on is the price on the car itself, we do not make anything on the compliance process. Also we currently have 340 cars in our database, these cars we have posted on many websites like tradecarview.com, goo-net.com, modifiedcartrader.com etc..You buy through us at a good price then we make it legal. Please I wish to respect the terms of NICO, I'm trying really hard to not promote us but is hard when questions are about us. If you would like to see DRIFT Tuners as a legitimate importer/sponsor on NICO please email Greg the CEO requesting that we be a sponsor at [email protected] ... I realy would like to help you guys out, I know it cost alot but we can help you out with the service.

drifttuners

edthemanjp wrote:
Skylines do not have all the hardware or wiring for an IDBII. If you or JK have an ODBII working, good job I'm still a skeptic.

Ahh.... Sean was there during the crash testing (showthread.php?t=180779) Link posted because of your attitude. JK didn't start the process, they were paid by Motorex to do the crash testing and that with the cooperation from NHTSA allowed Motorex to be the only company to be able to federalize Skylines.

Now you still didn't answer the question about you or JK having a bond release letter, do you have any????

Jas as do I have bond release letters signed by Coleman Sachs NHTSA and I'm not posting them for you.

If you are Legit ask Sean to remove the sticky that calls you out and if he does I'll remove this info along with an apology otherwise I will ensure the info gets out so you don't scam people. I don't like scammers
Link is dead... Sorry but your simply not correct. Call J.K.!!! MOTOREX did not have the buget for the crash testing, also I have the origanal skyline crash testing data from J.K., and http://www.mgaresearch.com Good luck!

noobedloser

is there a way to get the list of ALL 1998 r34s gt-r models? do you have any that are stock or close to it?

drifttuners

edthemanjp wrote:

Ok so you concur that J.K. did start the process.. Therefore the one who started the process be more knowledgeable in that process in guiding MOTOREX??...!!

You stateSkylines do not have all the hardware or wiring for an IDBII

My AnswerOk if that is what you call it, and of course, that’s all part of the compliance process

You asked!Now you still didn't answer the question about you or JK having a bond release letter, do you have any????

My AnswerYou just stated that J.K. started the process, so how or who would J.K. have a bond with?? They are the bond.. being the company that started the importation and being the RI. In addition as stated above we have a contract with J.K.

You’re not benefiting the members on NICO by stating strange inaccurate statements.

Modified by drifttuners at 12:42 AM 11/25/2008

drifttuners

noobedloser wrote:is there a way to get the list of ALL 1998 r34s gt-r models? do you have any that are stock or close to it?
Askedis there a way to get the list of ALL 1998 r34s gt-r models?

My answerYes sir I can however 2 things, one you have to email me through our website, I'm not going to post them here due to forum rules. Also the R34 GTR was not made till 1999 therefore you can do the 25gt with the RB26DETT, we have a 25gt convert to GTR with a Rb26DETT motor

edthemanjp

drifttuners wrote:
you Ok so you authenticate that J.K. did start the process.. Therefore the one who started the process be more knowledgeable in that process in guiding MOTOREX??...!!

Me No you can't read english "JK didn't start the process, they were paid by Motorex to do the crash testing and that with the cooperation from NHTSA allowed Motorex to be the only company to be able to federalize Skylines."

You asked!Now you still didn't answer the question about you or JK having a bond release letter, do you have any????

My AnswerYou just stated that J.K. started the process, so how or who would J.K. have a bond with?? They are the bond.. being the company that started the importation and being the RI. In addition as stated above we have a contract with J.K.
You don't know the answer to this question you must be a fraud and I ask Nico to ban this person or parties as being a fraud.

When a car enters the country if it's not legalized a bond is issued from customs (Homeland Defense) that allows the car to bypass customs so compliance work can be completed (120 days) once this is done and the NHTSA is satisfied they issue a "Bond Release Letter" which means you get your money back from bonding agent and you've cleared customs.

Are you a registered importer for the United States of America recognized by NHTSA?

Who do I call and phone number at NHTSA to verify anything about you?

IMPORT AND CERTIFICATION DIVISION (NVS-223)Coleman Sachs, Chief, 366-3151Is it this guy?

I'm calling and I hope anyone else who really wants a Skyline calls and verifys as well

drifttuners

edthemanjp wrote:
You don't know the answer to this question you must be a fraud and I ask Nico to ban this person or parties as being a fraud.

When a car enters the country if it's not legalized a bond is issued from customs (Homeland Defense) that allows the car to bypass customs so compliance work can be completed (120 days) once this is done and the NHTSA is satisfied they issue a "Bond Release Letter" which means you get your money back from bonding agent and you've cleared customs.

Are you a registered importer for the United States of America recognized by NHTSA?

Who do I call and phone number at NHTSA to verify anything about you?

IMPORT AND CERTIFICATION DIVISION (NVS-223)Coleman Sachs, Chief, 366-3151Is it this guy?

I'm calling and I hope anyone else who really wants a Skyline calls and verifys as well
Strange....

edthemanjp

The freshalloy link requires you to log in but here are some links from a google search which do not require logging in. Key word "drift tuners"

http://gtrusa.blogspot.com/200....html

These should work for you. Anyone who knows anything about Skyline importation Knows Motorex started it and that Sean was in the middle of it.

drifttuners

edthemanjp wrote:The freshalloy link requires you to log in but here are some links from a google search which do not require logging in. Key word "drift tuners"

These should work for you. Anyone who knows anything about Skyline importation Knows Motorex started it and that Sean was in the middle of it.
Our website has since been revised because some text was too vague and was misinterpreted, not really sure what this has to do with our topic that you joined. It's not really fair to the members of NICO to do what you’re doing diluting the subject and you still refuse to make that call.

Again your miss informed, call the EPA and the NHTSA, did you not read the petitions on the skylines?? They were done by J.K. not MOTOREX. Anyways obviously you choose not to pick the phone up and call the Government and J.K. about it. So I have to end this discussion, your taking the original topic way off course. Really does it really mater anyway who did what? We were talking about now, not the past. The facts are, and anyone who reads this, call J.K. at 1-410-366-6332 and talk to Lois, challenge her. J.K. is the ONLY RI that can legally federalize the Skyline and we have a very close business relationship, simple as that!

edthemanjp

drifttuners wrote:
Our website has since been revised because some text was too vague and was misinterpreted, not really sure what this has to do with our topic that you joined. It's not really fair to the members of NICO to do what you’re doing diluting the subject and you still refuse to make that call.

Again your miss informed, call the EPA and the NHTSA, did you not read the petitions on the skylines?? They were done by J.K. not MOTOREX. Anyways obviously you choose not to pick the phone up and call the Government and J.K. about it. So I have to end this discussion, your taking the original topic way off course. Really does it really mater anyway who did what? We were talking about now, not the past. The facts are, and anyone who reads this, call J.K. at 1-410-366-6332 and talk to Lois, challenge her. J.K. is the ONLY RI that can legally federalize the Skyline and we have a very close business relationship, simple as that!
What time was it when you wrote this? When have we had this discussion? .............What time do USA goverment offices open?..................Yes I called 2 offices at the NHTSA and I'm awaiting responses and yes I called the EPA, also awaiting responses, I'll post them here.

I say again as you cannot read JK did the work for Motorex. I also have the crash test data and copies of the petition. Heres something you probably don't know, when JK was doing the work for Motorex who was the owner of JK.... Motorex paid JK the for the work, I'm not misinformed, and I don't see how you can set here and try to tell people Motorex didn't legalize any vehicles and your the only one to truly legalize. Here is the million dollar question again, do You or JK have any "bond released cars"??????

I write this for the benefit of the Nico patrons, if 1 person is not dupped or ripped off I've done society a favor. You say call Louis, I'm calling the NHTSA, EPA.

fastgtr
Car: r32 GTR

Thanks to Ed and Jas for calling this guy out. He never answers anyones questions and just tries to B.S. around them. This guy is a scammer and hopefully this thread can save at least one person there hard earned money.

My question to Drift Tuners. Why should I call the EPA to ask which RI holds the crash testing results?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

...keeping a close eye on this thread....

I'm doing my own review of the available information and have a couple conference calls scheduled.

I hope to have some more insight by the weekend, but since I'll be doing the 370Z Rally, it may be next week before I have an answer.

edthemanjp

I talked to Louis 3 years ago, I still remember our conversations, no need to call again. She wasn't set up to legalize the Skyline and that she would have to hire in some speciality people to do the work and the cost was an estimate, it could be more. ODBII is a whole different can of worms but if your really serious about importing Legalized Skylines to the USA.

Heres how you can prove your legit (simple) You have JK bring a car through compliance NHTSA, EPA. You do this and post the results here after its federalized and I'll tell it on every forum I visit that you are the real deal.

Remember NHTSA has a brain scar from Skylines

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”