Door lock

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
zacherylee
Car: 2008 M35X

I just got a 2008 M35X and was wondering about the doors locking. I read the manual, called Infiniti and still have no answer. Should the drivers door lock automatically or can you set it to do so? On my wife's FX they lock when you go above 15 mph. I just want it to lock either when I start the car, put it in drive or even go a certain speed. Not sure if I am missing something or not. Thanks!!!

MasterFoo
Car: 2007 M35X Black with Bourbon interior

zacherylee wrote:I just got a 2008 M35X and was wondering about the doors locking. I read the manual, called Infiniti and still have no answer. Should the drivers door lock automatically or can you set it to do so? On my wife's FX they lock when you go above 15 mph. I just want it to lock either when I start the car, put it in drive or even go a certain speed. Not sure if I am missing something or not. Thanks!!!

Search is your friend, unfortunately you're a year too early for that feature in the M. See below.

post5866319.html?hilit=automatic%20door%20lock#p5866319
infiniti_lineup wrote:The automatic door lock/unlock feature is only on the 2009-current Infiniti M. So those instructions won't work on our 2006 M's. :frown:

If you really need the feature, KP Technologies sells a module that will add the lock/unlock feature, here is the link (the first one listed).

Sorry man!

EDIT: Here are instructions again in case anyone needs it with a 2009+ M.
When the power door lock switch (drive's or front passenger’s side) is moved to the lock position with the key in the ignition and any door open, all doors will lock and then unlock automatically. This helps to prevent the keys from being accidently locked inside the vehicle.

VEHICLE SPEED SENSING DOOR LOCK MECHANISM

c All doors will be locked automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).
c All the doors will unlock automatically when the ignition switch is turned to the Off position.
c The lock and unlock mechanism work independently of each other:
– Both the automatic lock and automatic unlock feature can be enabled.
– The automatic lock feature can be enabled while the automatic unlock is disabled.
– The automatic lock feature can be disabled while the automatic unlock is enabled.
– Both the automatic lock and automatic unlock feature can be disabled.

How to enable and disable the lock feature

To activate or deactivate the vehicle speed sensing door lock mechanism, perform the following procedure.

1. Close all doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds, push and hold the power door lock switch to the LOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.

How to enable and disable the unlock feature

To activate or deactivate the automatic door unlock mechanism, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds, push and hold the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.

zacherylee

Thanks! It just seems so weird not to have the door lock. My old '04 Sienna did. Not really a big deal, more then anything I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the car. Thanks again!

jesustorres85
Car: 2003 SILVER M45 20 INCH FX45 RIMS FULL LED BULB SWAP

zacherylee wrote:I just got a 2008 M35X and was wondering about the doors locking. I read the manual, called Infiniti and still have no answer. Should the drivers door lock automatically or can you set it to do so? On my wife's FX they lock when you go above 15 mph. I just want it to lock either when I start the car, put it in drive or even go a certain speed. Not sure if I am missing something or not. Thanks!!!
my 03 m45 doesnt do it either. gay.

zacherylee

sharp car!

M35 Sport
Car: Infiniti M35 Sport

Yeah some things are just quirky. My mother's 1995 oldsmobile had automatic locks. I think some late model (4-5 years old) honda's still done have automatic headlights

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”