Door lock issue on Infiniti J30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
jcnunez

The driver side door does not stay locked when you try to lock the doors. I am able to force ithe driver side open after I lock all the doors. I noticed when I lock the door the lock latch is not flushed. The only way I can keep the door locked is by forcing the lock button to close from inside the car. Is this an issue with the actuator?

Pogophil

We were having this problem. Our mechanic lubed the inside of the door, and it works (for now anyway). He said it was all rusted inside. I haven't gone back to check the inside of the door since, so I haven't seen this firsthand. I will eventually.

Good luck.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

bad actuators are common age related problem on the J's.

elang
Car: usa 1994 j30

I have had the same problem. I replaced the actuator and the latch and now my driver side door only fully locks when the car is running. My key will lock it fully. Before I replaced everything I would try to make sure I knew the reason for the problem. If you figure it out let us know. Good luck.

Pogophil

Just an update --

After lubing the heck out of the inside of the door, we haven't had any problems since. Not guaranteeing we won't have this problem again, but we haven't so far. (knocks on wood)

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”