dont laugh, ok?....

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
sentrastace
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

help please.

is it possible to do an engine/motor swap on an 07 sentra 2.0S CVT?

if so, what would you swap it with?

UGH.

ive paid off SOOOO much on my car and i really dont want to trade it for a faster car because i'll just put myself in higher payments, higher insurance, and lose a lot of money because ive done a lot to it/spent a lot of monies on it.

but bottom line is, i want a faster car. (i didnt buy the sentra because it was fast or i wanted to mod it, i bought it because it was the only nissan i could afford, i wanted an alti coupe instead) but i have modded my sentra with every available performance part out there (there arent any!!! just intake and exhaust, performance wise) and now i feel stuck. my car looks good and i may enter it into shows for the visual part but im sick of being under par performance wise.

am i s*** out of luck?

aebstract
Car: 09 Sentra SE-R Spec V

How much power are you wanting to get? This guy http://allsentra.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=770 turbocharged his and dyno'd 420WHP @ 22P.S.I. You could probably run nitrous on that and get quite a bit more. I don't know anything about engine swaps though. Oh and his was a cvt and he converted to 6 speed. Beats me why he payed the extra money to do that though.. I want to do an AWD conversion but I don't have the money ;(

sentrastace

aebstract wrote:How much power are you wanting to get? This guy http://allsentra.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=770 turbocharged his and dyno'd 420WHP @ 22P.S.I. You could probably run nitrous on that and get quite a bit more. I don't know anything about engine swaps though. Oh and his was a cvt and he converted to 6 speed. Beats me why he payed the extra money to do that though.. I want to do an AWD conversion but I don't have the money ;(
oh.

my.

GAWD.

i must find this guy.

or figure out how the heckaroni he did it.

and how much it costs.

this will be mine.

DROOL.

aebstract

In that link somewhere he posts the mods hes done, you could figure it out. You'll have to do the turbo kit yourself though, since noone offers them.

djtorello
Car: 2008 nissan Sentra SE-r

sentrastace wrote:help please.

UGH.

ive paid off SOOOO much on my car and i really dont want to trade it for a faster car because i'll just put myself in higher payments, higher insurance, and lose a lot of money because ive done a lot to it/spent a lot of monies on it.

but bottom line is, i want a faster car. (i didnt buy the sentra because it was fast or i wanted to mod it, i bought it because it was the only nissan i could afford, i wanted an alti coupe instead) but i have modded my sentra with every available performance part out there (there arent any!!! just intake and exhaust, performance wise) and now i feel stuck. my car looks good and i may enter it into shows for the visual part but im sick of being under par performance wise.

am i s*** out of luck?
I love how everyone keeps saying there are no parts. There's quite a bit.Just because you cant find it on the self at every store doesnt mean something isnt made, or easy to modify. Example, my car. 2008 SE-R. What parts are available? Here is my List O'Mods:

- Crank scraper- Clevite 77 bearings- Blueprinted, knife-edged, balanced crank. (cough 2oz + on 3rd counterweight cough) fixed.- Eagle H beams- Eagle pistons - HDE Sleeves- Spec 07 Head gasket- shaved and milled deck.- 1mm over sized valves- Port and polish head- 5 angle valve job with back cut- Unshrouded the valves on head- Mild cams- Crane springs- Crane Stainless Steel valves, with 10 degree lock- Crane retainers 10 degree- ARP studs- Bi directional sweep cut around spark plug- NGK OEM Iridium spark plug- Osaka Coil packs, 45,000volt, 4 amp less requirement then stock.- Gasket matched Intake manifold (stock)- 2mm Bored out TB (68mm)- Injen intake, Black Spec V, Modified for fitment- Rewound 150amp alt- 160 degree thermostat- Walbro Fuel pump- HDE ground kit- UR lightened crank- HDE modified fuel rail- NEW 41R series battery- Red Painted calipers front and rear- Ceramic pads front and rear- Polished sway bar endlinks- 350Z aluminum control arms, mild modification- Poly filled torque mount- Poly filled engine mounts- Debadged (all but 2 emblems)- RASR tags (Racers Against Street Racing)- Hood light- white LED in Dome light area. Bright as fluck.- Red grill lights- Red foot well lights- White foot well light for courtesy- Soft centered the grill- Silverstar turnsignal bulbs- Silverstar headlight bulbs- LED parking lights- Carbon fiber trim behind inside door panals- Graphite painted rims

08Sentra
Car: 2008 Sentra

It's cool, SentraStace. I love my sentra because it gets me everywhere I need to go, and because i think it looks better than the Civic and the Corolla.

Sometimes though, I do wish for more "Ooomph" in the performance.

That guy that did the Turbo install surely did beef everything up to handle all that boost.

I would love to do the same, but I havent yet become proficient in Manual. So it's automatic for now.

Also, thanks for the info in your posts DjTorello. Learned more about the aftermarket available for out B16's.

I just wish Nissan would release the factory turbo'd 2.0 engine thats in Europe for our cars.

sentrastace

djtorello wrote:
I love how everyone keeps saying there are no parts. There's quite a bit.Just because you cant find it on the self at every store doesnt mean something isnt made, or easy to modify. Example, my car. 2008 SE-R. What parts are available? Here is my List O'Mods:

- Crank scraper- Clevite 77 bearings- Blueprinted, knife-edged, balanced crank. (cough 2oz + on 3rd counterweight cough) fixed.- Eagle H beams- Eagle pistons - HDE Sleeves- Spec 07 Head gasket- shaved and milled deck.- 1mm over sized valves- Port and polish head- 5 angle valve job with back cut- Unshrouded the valves on head- Mild cams- Crane springs- Crane Stainless Steel valves, with 10 degree lock- Crane retainers 10 degree- ARP studs- Bi directional sweep cut around spark plug- NGK OEM Iridium spark plug- Osaka Coil packs, 45,000volt, 4 amp less requirement then stock.- Gasket matched Intake manifold (stock)- 2mm Bored out TB (68mm)- Injen intake, Black Spec V, Modified for fitment- Rewound 150amp alt- 160 degree thermostat- Walbro Fuel pump- HDE ground kit- UR lightened crank- HDE modified fuel rail- NEW 41R series battery- Red Painted calipers front and rear- Ceramic pads front and rear- Polished sway bar endlinks- 350Z aluminum control arms, mild modification- Poly filled torque mount- Poly filled engine mounts- Debadged (all but 2 emblems)- RASR tags (Racers Against Street Racing)- Hood light- white LED in Dome light area. Bright as fluck.- Red grill lights- Red foot well lights- White foot well light for courtesy- Soft centered the grill- Silverstar turnsignal bulbs- Silverstar headlight bulbs- LED parking lights- Carbon fiber trim behind inside door panals- Graphite painted rims
you just listed parts for the SE-R...I don't have the SE-R, i have the 2.0 S and i have installed basically everything available PERFORMANCE wise for the 2.0S which is what i am asking about here....red foot well lights arent going to make my car faster (although i have already installed blue ones)

sentrastace

08Sentra wrote:It's cool, SentraStace. I love my sentra because it gets me everywhere I need to go, and because i think it looks better than the Civic and the Corolla.

That guy that did the Turbo install surely did beef everything up to handle all that boost.

I would love to do the same, but I havent yet become proficient in Manual. So it's automatic for now.

Also, thanks for the info in your posts DjTorello. Learned more about the aftermarket available for out B16's.

I just wish Nissan would release the factory turbo'd 2.0 engine thats in Europe for our cars.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Honestly with the 2.0 and the CVT you can't do much. If you swap, your options are pretty much limited to an SE-R swap.

Definitely going to be more of a hassle than it's worth and very expensive.

I'd keep saving and see if you can afford a "toy" or to get that Alti coupe you want sometime soonish.

sentrastace

nametakennow wrote:Honestly with the 2.0 and the CVT you can't do much. If you swap, your options are pretty much limited to an SE-R swap.

Definitely going to be more of a hassle than it's worth and very expensive.

I'd keep saving and see if you can afford a "toy" or to get that Alti coupe you want sometime soonish.
muchas gracias

djtorello

sentrastace wrote:
you just listed parts for the SE-R...I don't have the SE-R, i have the 2.0 S and i have installed basically everything available PERFORMANCE wise for the 2.0S which is what i am asking about here....red foot well lights arent going to make my car faster (although i have already installed blue ones)
Doesnt matter, 90% are custom. No one lists cams, or sleeves, or heads, etc for the 2.5L. If your looking for on the shelf performance, you will always be limiting yourself. Think outside the prius.

unmei
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra

use the sentra as your daily driver and get a 240sx. tons of aftermarket parts and it'll probably cost you less than buying a new altima coupe. if you're serious about speed, don't bother with the big mods for the sentra. it's not worth possibly killing your engine for minimal boost.

VMPhil
Car: 2007 Volkswagen GTI

08Sentra wrote:It's cool, SentraStace. I love my sentra because it gets me everywhere I need to go, and because i think it looks better than the Civic and the Corolla.

ive seen nothing of a EDM 2 liter turbo. If there were such an animal it would be a 2 liter turbo diesel which still wouldnt make it that much faster.

VMPhil

sentrastace wrote:help please.

UGH.

am i s*** out of luck?
Sorry Sweetheart. Ive been there. luckily i was able to afford a switch. You could probably piece together a custom turbo kit with some research. Otherwise you may just have to be patient.

aebstract

djtorello wrote:
Doesnt matter, 90% are custom. No one lists cams, or sleeves, or heads, etc for the 2.5L. If your looking for on the shelf performance, you will always be limiting yourself. Think outside the prius.
This is why everyone think there are no parts, they are looking specific for the model car they have. A lot of stuff has to be found in other ways, which would probably fit other cars besides what we have.

Also, sorry stace I forgot you had that damned automatic when I posted about the guy with the turbo n whatnot. I keep forgetting!

08Sentra

VMPhil wrote:
ive seen nothing of a EDM 2 liter turbo. If there were such an animal it would be a 2 liter turbo diesel which still wouldnt make it that much faster.
Nissan and Renault share engines to cut down on costs. My MR20 engine is a Frenchy! While the 2.5 is still Nissan.

In sharing engines, they share platforms and the like. In another thread, it was revealed that the B16 Sentra is almost the same as the Renault Megane. Except they get more engine choices, namely the turbo and the diesels.

There's more info on wiki. Best to look up Renault Megane.

I sure would like to get my hands on one of those turbo'd ones.

djtorello

Your welcome for that information.

Myself, and few friends are working out how to import Our sister renualt stateside. Manly to see what can be swapped, and if any performance differance other then Turbo or Diesel, can be used on the Sentra 2.0L.

08Sentra

That would be badass if you could do that.

Good luck with the search.

VMPhil

08Sentra wrote:
Nissan and Renault share engines to cut down on costs. My MR20 engine is a Frenchy! While the 2.5 is still Nissan.

In sharing engines, they share platforms and the like. In another thread, it was revealed that the B16 Sentra is almost the same as the Renault Megane. Except they get more engine choices, namely the turbo and the diesels.

There's more info on wiki. Best to look up Renault Megane.

I sure would like to get my hands on one of those turbo'd ones.
I know all about the Renault Megane. When some one said Euro immediately starting thinking about the UK Nissan Sentra and thinking to myself "they dont have a Petrol turbo." I didnt think about Renault in France (as i never find myself doing).

No way in hell would Ghosen ok the use of the Turbo RS Engine here in the states. It wouldnt move enough units to make up for the cost of emission certification and USDM R&D. It is a nice idea though. Although id rather see a Renault Sport Megane or R26R - Versa conversion . It was one of Richard Hammonds favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAAAFO2qSE

but i like the Focus better.

sentrastace

08Sentra wrote:That would be badass if you could do that.

Good luck with the search.
+ ^1

08sentra2.0sl
Car: 08 Sentra 2.0 SL

i talked to the guy with the boosted sentra 2.0.. he gave me prices, seems real nice. hes on cardomain.com..i was thinking of doing somwthing similar like him.. iim still debating it.. for the cost i could buy a nissan 240sx with an sr20det running with wheels and coilovers. so idk if its really worth ruining a car with 100,000 miles left in warrenty..

djtorello

Jim with the turbo charged MR20 is a regular on Allsentra. And lives local to me.

Spoolin4days
Car: 03 Spec V, 92 Sentra 2dr

the OP can also keep your eyes open for totaled six-speed Alti's and SE-Rs. Then purchase what you need to swap out of the totaled car, and sell your factory parts to offset the cost.

sentrastace

Spoolin4days wrote:the OP can also keep your eyes open for totaled six-speed Alti's and SE-Rs. Then purchase what you need to swap out of the totaled car, and sell your factory parts to offset the cost.
thats a good idea!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”