does anyone know if I can program the GTR's key fob for the Z?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

I have been doing away for quite some time now without a remote for the Z, its getting tiring whenever I have to double check if my doors are locked or not by actually walking to the car and pulling the handle (i are lazy. )

I looked online for replacement fobs, and realized that pretty much every single remote looks the same..from the Z all the way to the QX56; there's no difference..all bleh. Then I found I could actually by a GTR fob for about 50 bux, i was just wondering if it was possible at all to somehow program it to the Z.

I'm sure it has a better chance working on the 370 since both have the intelligent key feature..but I'm sure those owners haven't lost their key fobs just yet.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I know Infiniti and Nissan fobs are the same. So I assume the GT-R is same too. As long as you stay with the same design. One of the guy did the full conversion to skyline from 07g35 and he had the fob changed too. Just like the one in the picture but Nissan sign on it instead of Infiniti.

Reprograming needs to be done at the dealer tho. Just be ready $$$. It goes anywhere from $50. Maybe you can get them reprogram it for free. Worth to try.

zozo

Watermelonwarrior
Car: 2006 Cayman S 6SPD

zozoka1212 wrote:Reprograming needs to be done at the dealer tho. Just be ready $$$. It goes anywhere from $50. Maybe you can get them reprogram it for free. Worth to try.zozo
Hope this works. My brother used it to add a remote to his Armada. I like the look of the GTR key fob. I would consider doing it if it worked.

programing a Nissan remote , is hidden secret by Nissan Dealers. As a Nissan Technician i will share it.Just get in your vech , close all doors. Using your power lock switch , lock all doors. After doors are locked take your Ignition Key and insert it and remove it from ignition switch in a slow fashion , but consitant pace. (97 and earlyer are fast) When you see the hazzard lights flash, put key in ignition switch and turn to the On postion .. Do NOT CRANK or you will have to Start over .. After in the On postion .. Hit the Lock button on remote... Hazzard lights should flash..( note..you have to reprogram all remotes when adding a new one , if you don't your old remotes will not work ) If your doing just the one , turn igntion switch off and unlock door and get out and try it. If you are doing more than one. While still in Vech with Key on . After you hit the Lock button on Remote and hazzard light flashed .. with key still on .. use master lock switch unlock doors and relock and then hit Second Remote, Lights should flash again , repeat if adding a 3rd remote.. after done just turn key off and unlock door and get out and try. Good Luck

joker350gt

Over at G35 Driver we have a DIY on how to change the housing on the OEM remote to the I-key housing.

Im sure you can get a Z remote and swap out internals.

I dont think the GTR- Remote is the same Frequancy (sp) as the Z so youl probly have to swap housings.

Ill see if i can find the DIY for it and post it up with permission from the OP or ill shoot you the link.

joker350gt

well this is what it looks like after its done but he doesnt show the steps im still looking for that exact thread check this one out 1st

http://g35driver.com/forums/no....html

joker350gt

dasoupdude

Watermelonwarrior wrote:
As a Nissan Technician i will share it.
I leanr something new everyday!
joker350gt wrote:Over at G35 Driver we have a DIY on how to change the housing on the OEM remote to the I-key housing.

Im sure you can get a Z remote and swap out internals.

I dont think the GTR- Remote is the same Frequancy (sp) as the Z so youl probly have to swap housings.

Ill see if i can find the DIY for it and post it up with permission from the OP or ill shoot you the link.
just might have to go give that man a call and see if he could do the same, cept to the GTR's housing.

this is all great, thanks guys.

Watermelonwarrior
Car: 2006 Cayman S 6SPD

Dasoupdude wrote:I leanr something new everyday!
Haha I just copied it from some article

joker350gt

R350Zz33
Car: 2008 350z enthusiast

what about the euro keyfob with the flip out key

joker350gt

R350Zz33 wrote:what about the euro keyfob with the flip out key
it works for Z's to scroll threw that thread

http://g35driver.com/forums/g3....html

dasoupdude

Thread reactivated.

Friend of mine recently got a 370 not too long ago. His intelligent key has the "Z" logo in place of the Nissan hamburger. I'm having a hard time time finding them online but I will be getting one, and then I'll have the all the electronic gizmos from the old fob swapped into the new one. The old fob is fading and getting pretty gnarly, the new ones seem much more durable and the stamped buttons wont fade away like the rubber ones.

Oh yeah and I ended up getting a GTR fob on ebay for 30$ + shipping, it sits on my belt as a stylish keychain (and spare key incase i leave my key in the car, i have one of those valet key chains) :facepalm:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I can haz pricecheck?

My fobby is more than a little worn.

dasoupdude

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-M ... 2676wt_915

I can't find any of the "Z" ones on ebay. Probably wanting it are going to have to dish out the $80 for a brand new one, get the internals swapped then program it.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”