Does anyone know how to setup the keyless entry for 2001 nis

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

:gapteeth: =
Hi All, :inoutgay:=
I have a nissan quest SE 2001 but there is only one remote, so I got one from ikeyless.com. I follow the exact programming instruction that they sent to me but with no success. I did the followings:
1) Open the door with the key.
2) Sit in the driver seat and lock the car using the power switch on the driver side.
3) Plug and pull the key out of the igniter cylinder 6 times and see my hazard light flashed twice. (P.S. I didn't see it on the driver panel but the front light.)
4) Then I turned the key to the On position. I press the lock key on the remote once, but there is no response at all. The remote is Remocon RMC-105. (P.S. I repeated the procedures and tried all the keys on the remote.)
5) Then I take the key off. Unlock the door using the power switch on the driver side.
6) I open the door and see the front light flashed twice more (not on the panel as well).

Obviously, I did it more than 60 times :cry: and I spent a day to read posts online :crazy: but didn't find the solution. There is no doubt that my car has a keyless entry system. Can anybody know the hint on this issue??? I would really appreciate all your help.

Thank you. :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Benjumin
Car: 2001 Nissan Quest SE

Thank you for your great answer :dblthumb: . Up to date, I still have no idea how to figure it out, so I guess that is the reason. I really appreciate your help and I think you give the best answer.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

weird, i programmed my keyfobs when I purchased an extra set from eBay... the instructions were correct or I got lucky! (i've gotta find the paper document)

2002 used keyfob transmitter purchased

another website:
Get in the vehicle and lock all the doors.

Slowly insert the key into the ignition and then remove the key. do this at least 6 times in 10 seconds (I believe the slow part is on the first time putting the key in because there is no way to do that 6 times in 10 seconds). The tail lamps will flash to indicate the original code was erased.

Turn the ignition to the ACC position.

Press any button on the first remote. (hazard lamps will flash to confirm programming)

To enter additional transmitters, unlock and then lock the doors using the power door lock button on the drivers door.

Press any button on the 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters possible). Hazard lamps will flash to confirm programming.

Open the drivers door and then turn the ignition off.
did you turn the ignition to ACC and not to the key ON?

i think that's the key step that you did wrong...

if you turned the key ON, the fuel needle will jump up,

but if you turn the key to ACC, the fuel needle will stay down on the peg...

ricebike
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

I emailed them directly and got the following reply:
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Best regards,
Jeremy

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

http://support.ikeyless.com/view.php?e= ... m&t=517182
lemme know because I followed these procedures to re-program BOTH my replacement and original transmitters

ricebike
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

okies same procedure on our FSM from this same site, yo! what infiniti mod didn't mentioned that consult procedures are meant for 2004+ when Nissan severed ties with Ford/ Mercury... and now made it harder to diagnose/fix those later model minivans!
dammit!after further digging, 2004+ can also be programmed without the consult scanner! http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2009_Quest/BL.pdf page BL-69... for shame mod, for shame :facepalm:
to prove it, i'll give you the link, followed with the page number; i don't need to copy/ paste it because it's the same as what I've said earlier...

just make sure you put the key into ACC not ON
------------------------------

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2001_Quest/el.pdf

goto page EL-279

may I have a cookie now? :yesnod

ricebike
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/common/nissan ... ey_fob.htm

also... similar programming procedures there

Return to “Quest Forum”