Does anyone know how to change the microfilter for the 350z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
self-made
Car: 2005 nissan 350z

I want to save some money if it easy to do.

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

to the best of my knowledge i dont think they are equipped with an in cabin air filter...

MATTY_T
Car: 2004 PPW 350Z

i think i once found instructions to do this...let me see if i could find it for you.

samej82
Car: 2007 Nissan 350z

Hey what's up,

I'm not sure there is a incabin filter, but you can check though. I would think that the filter would be located somewhere on the intake side. The blower is located under the passenger side dash. To reach the intake door, you need to remove the cover, disconnect the blower, unscrew the mounts and remove the blower. The air mix controls, the intake door motor, should all be visible...

Hope that helps..

Coqui_Racer

Hey Man I just finished searching the Service and Owner's manual and I saw noting about the microfilter. So guess that will save you a few bucks!!!

Hey Matty what size tires are you running on those wheels?? I just got the same wheels and still thinking about tire sizes!

Thanks!

MATTY_T
Car: 2004 PPW 350Z

self-made wrote:I want to save some money if it easy to do.
Ok so i knew that their was a micro filter (in cabin filter) for the Z. I also looked through all of the service manual and didn't find it but when i searched for the maintenance for 60k i noticed it said replace micro filter. My friend has a Z at the shop and I was over there today and he had the engine pulled out. It is located on the passenger side underneath the cal(spelling??). I hope that helps you out. I noticed that they suggest it to be changed every 10-15k miles. Living in the desert like me i'm sure I would have to do this more often. Let us know how it goes. Ive heard that removing the cal(again, spelling??) can be a pain but i cannot confirm that. Keep us posted!
Coqui_Racer wrote:Hey Matty what size tires are you running on those wheels?? I just got the same wheels and still thinking about tire sizesThanks!
Hey congrats on the rims, your gonna love them. did you get SBC or another color? I'm running Toyo Proxies 275/35/19 in the rears. You could go wider if you wanted to with 10.5" rims. My friend is running 285/30/19's with his G games.

Coqui_Racer

MATTY_T wrote:
Hey congrats on the rims, your gonna love them. did you get SBC or another color? I'm running Toyo Proxies 275/35/19 in the rears. You could go wider if you wanted to with 10.5" rims. My friend is running 285/30/19's with his G games.
Thanks for the info....I really wanted to Run 295's in the rear but figured it might rub...Did not really want to roll the fender. But I got the Gunmetal Color. My Z is also White They look great on your car so I'm already happy and have not put them on yet ha. Looking at your setup do you think 295's will rub?

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”