Do you have problem with Fuel Control Valve?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
UncleZhou
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S

I purchased a 2010 Rogue S about a year ago. Honestly I don't like it. It is light, noisy and of bad quality. Less than half year since I bought it , I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the service light was on. I took it to the dealership and was determined the fuel control valve was malfunctioning. It was replaced for free as I was within the warranty period. Only a couple of month later I found the problem coming back. Again it is hard to fill the gas tank with the fuel dispenser interrupting often. I'm pretty sure service light will be on again and the fuel control valve needs to be replaced again. I searched on the web and found this problem is extensive among all Nissan models. Nissan once issued such a recall (http://www.lyberty.com/car/Maxima_A32_d ... 00-060.pdf ). I think this is not a part defect but a design defect as well. I just looged a recall campaign on the Ministry of Transportation Canada website (https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/ ... Index.aspx) as I am in Canada. I believe all the Rogue owners, even OOW, should get this fixed for free if they have this problem.

philipa_240sx

Hello UncleZhou and welcome to the NICOClub Rogue Forums.

You are actually the first on this forum to report issues with the 'fuel control valve'. I have not heard of any similar issues.

I have a complete listing of Nissan TSB's going back 23 years (1987). The only Nissan bulletin for 'hard to fill' fuel tank issues was the 1st gen Murano and 350Z. No bulletin or recall was ever issued for the Maxima, Rogue, or any other Nissan.

Now, the Evap Vent/Purge control valve is an issue. It will trigger a CEL. It's not isolated to Nissan's. Many other makes have the same problem. My good friend is a mechanic... they are constantly replacing them on any thing from GM's to Honda's... it seems to be a common issue with many mfg's. I have already had mine replaced... out of warranty.

Sorry, I cannot offer any more help.

The A32 Maxima is also 10+ years old... it was last produced in 1999.

UncleZhou
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S

I understand what you said, but having the vent control valve replaced twice within the first year for a brand new car is too much and unacceptable. I also found from the Edmund's car review section that someone else, "Caroline", has had the same experience:
-------------------------------------------
Falling Out Of Love

Written by: Caroline on 08/21/2010

Detailed Ratings
Overall Rating

Performance: 6 Fun-to-Drive: 5 Build Quality: 8
Comfort: 5 Interior Design: 8 Reliability: 8
Fuel Economy: 4 Exterior Design: 8

Vehicle

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Review

When I drove my sleek black Rogue which I aptly named My Batmobile out of the dealership I was thrilled. That was in April 2010 and since then my service engine light has gone on twice. I had to have the vent control valve replaced twice. The cause I was told is the ethanol in gasoline. Now I search for gas w/o ethanol at a higher price of course.

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

driver's seat stiff & uncomfortable for me, improved engines that can tolerate ethanol laced gasoline

Return to “Rogue Forum”