DIY stripped oil feed sr20det

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
n240sxfnatic

So Somehow i stripped me feed line and am offering up some help to those who may do it to. I pulled my engine bc my trusty ebay turbo blew up although it did last 3 1/2 years at 13-15 lbs daily driven. My feed wasnt leaking but only a matter or time bc when I pulled out the banjo bolt I could see the threads were efffed.

Time to complete (20-30 mins) Parts needed- 7/16 " drill bit

- 1/4 18 NPT tap

- a tap wrench or appropriate size wrench- Gear lube or some sort or grease

First get a healthy amount of grease on your drill bit. Then slowly drill out the oil feed hole. You wont be taking that much material out so be careful.

Next its time to tap. Take your tap and put a lot of grease on it. This will make cutting threads easier but more importantly catch all the metal shavings.

I suggest using a tap wrench but I didnt have one. Now as for taping GO SLOW. I usually turn the tap 1/2 a turn then back it up, then go another half then back it up. I also, after 2 full turn, back the tap all the way out and clean off the tap of debris, then put a fresh coat on the tap. It took about 8-10 times of doin this until I had the hole tapped where I wanted it.This is after 2 full turns (Blurry but covered in shavings)

Im running ss lines that im making so I ordered a fitting from pegasus that is 1/4 NPT to 4an. Most aftermarket lines are 3an so get what you need.http://www.pegasusautoracing.c...=3250

Put some thread sealant on that baby, tighten it down and you are good to go.

driven_
Car: '93 MR2 Turbo.

i have a feeling it isnt all that amazing (the process)

n240sxfnatic

Its not I just thought it would be nice to know the tap, drill size and know its not a hard process so people dont freak out, as I did, when it happened. Take it as you will.

nissans13240sx
Car: 90 R32 GTR
91 Hatch SR20
93 Coupe KA-T
04 STI

n240sxfnatic wrote:Its not I just thought it would be nice to know the tap, drill size and know its not a hard process so people dont freak out, as I did, when it happened. Take it as you will.
He doesnt realize that everyone doesnt know everything like him. Its a good write up especially for someone who doesnt know how to do it.

Apu240sxGC8
Car: 1996 & 1995 240sx 2000 Impreza Rs coupe

Thank you so much for the write up

Phase 2 motortrend SS lines uses a -3an fitting ( I called them up directly and they werent sure )

voiddweller
Car: 97 S14 SE w/S13 SR20DET
04 CL9

This just happened and I found the thread very helpful. I was installing DIF SS lines and the fitting is -3AN.

Thank you!!!!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”