DIY: Stock OEM Bose Radio + Ipod Aux In Cable

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

as i have stated in the past, i love the stock radio and its bluetooth features, and steering wheel controls.
i will do everything to never have to change that radio lol
i wanted to install my ipod but didnt want to spend an arm & and a leg on the ipod interface module.
HERE IS MY WRITE-UP

so i got this wire from ebay. I ended up opening up removing my A/C heater control panel and then removing all the contents of my arm rest console area.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right next to the aux power port i drilled a hole that will fit the headphone jack that will go toward the AUX input.
i fished the ebay wire through, and down to the floor by the passenger seat, leaving the USB & ipod wire in the compartment.

i then on the side of the whole center console ran the wire, and gently tucking it under the console side plastic. eventually far enough up to see it through the open area that the A/C bezel opened up. i needed a headphone wire/jack extension - so for $10 i got that at radio shack too.

I ran the wire upward, and then hooked up a 90degree male to female headphone jack(radio shack like $5) and plugged it into the bose head-unit AUX port.

BACK IN THE CENTER CONSOLE ARM REST COMPARTMENT: I hooked up the USB end of the wire into a USB charger receptacle and plugged that into the power source in the center console/arm rest.

total for the job:
ebay ipod wire: $5.99(free shipping)
radio shack stereo headphone wire $10
radio shack 90degree jack $5
ebay 12v usb plug $2.99

AND I HAVE IT CHARGING MY IPOD, PLAYING MUSIC THROUGH THE AUX CONNECTION, AND WHEN I WANT IT, I JUST FISH THE WIRE THROUGH THE LATCH ON THE ARM REST (nissan engineers were smart enough to give us wire slots, where to allow for wires to be fished through the latch on the arm rest with the arm rest closed)
open the arm rest, and look at the latch. you will see grooves where you can fish wire through, and close the latch so not to pinch your wire.

Return to “Rogue Forum”