DIY: Rear seat removable

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Those of you that need to remove your rear seat for whatever reason and have the rear seat package which lets you lean the rear seats back for more comfort. Here is how you do it.

First Step the butt part, grab the front of the seat in the middle and pull up firmly, it should just come right off. If you have the rear seat package you will have to unplug the harness before you set the seat aside.

Second Step back part, remove the headrest, then unscrew the seatbelt guide thingy (it's the plastic pieces). Now from the bottom part of the seat near the middle there is a black tab behind the cushion that you will need to pull down before pulling the seat back. Pull that tab down and it will unlock the lock and let you free up that area, after pulling that tab there is two more. Look at the image I've provided so you have a better idea where the tabs are behind the seat cushion. Again, if you have the rear seat package, there will be another plug you will need to unplug before you put the cushion aside. It's located at the bottom left hand side.

I had to remove my rear seats to run a power wire, as you can see on the last picture.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Good info, thanks!

Z

jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

szh wrote:Good info, thanks!

Z
No problem, I hope it will come in handy to some.

Jeff

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Adding this to the FAQ thread I created that is now stickied.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”