DIY Nissan Maxima Transmission Cooler Install

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

(just as a reminder, i sold the car a while ago RIGHT AFTER THIS INSTALL AND A TOW HITCH. i got an offer i couldnt refuse, so i parted ways - but i figured i would do a write up anyway just to add some more content for anyone looking to do this simple mod)

I decided to go with well known & recommended tranny cooler radiator supplier, instead of some ebay supplier from Asia. I am running this in a series along with the radiator tranny cooler. This unit is designed for a Gross vehicle weight to 18,000 lbs. So i figured this would be MORE than enough for my 2002 Maxima GLE. As i posted before with a tow hitch install write-up(posted below), i will be towing mine & wifey's 2 race bikes to the track every couple weeks in the warm months- so this is a great investment.(its even a great investment for anyone who doesn't tow, but spends time in traffic- which i do often to wine & dine HER in nyc lol)

INFO FROM THE HAYDEN WEBSITE:
Rapid-Cool® Transmission Oil Coolers
Rapid-Cool®’s unique plate and fin design offers excellent cooling efficiency in a compact, space-efficient design.
Features

33% more efficient than a comparable tube and fin design
Pre-drilled mounting plates for easy installation
Four sizes available to fit a wider range of applications
Internal turbulation for efficient heat transfer
3/8” push-on fittings for quick and easy installation
Overall Height 11in.
Overall Width 6in.

Just to get a relative comparison on size. With my fingers spread behind it, my palm is completely hidden.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”