DIY HKS turbo timer type one install (watch out 56k)

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
95silvia14
Car: 1995 240SX, 1993 s13 coupe

this write up is for installing an hks turbo timer with out the use of the adapter harness. Before:

Heres what you get with the turbo timer:

here is the tool you will need ( with the exception of the socket unless you plan on removing the steering wheel and under brace.

first i started by removing the steering wheel, column cover, the knee plate, and instrument cluster surround

next remove the instrument cluster by removing the three screws two in the bottom corners and one on the top middle

using the volt meter i found that the white thick w/ red stripe is the constant 12v

the acc 12v is the blue wire and the 12v ign wire is the black w/ white stripe

after finding the wire colors fallow to the connector and transfer the wires to the other connector.

the thicker white wire is the 12v constant.

the white wire with the blue stripe is the 12v acc

the black wire with the red stripe is the 12v ignition

after locating and labeling the wires remove the negative terminal on the battery

cut the harness plug off the hks unit

route the tt harness through the hole in the dash to the lower area of the dash

wire the red wire from the unit to the 12v constant. the green wire to the 12v ignition and the blue to the 12 acc.

next you will have to remove the center console to continue the installation by removing the 4 screws 2 at the very front of the console and the 2 under the lid. dont forget to unplug the power mirror harness from the console.

connect the Grey wire w/ the unit to the Grey wire extension supplied with the unit

look for the wire hooked to the e-brake

hook the Grey wire extension to the parking brake wire as such

next connect the blue wire extension to the unit this wire is used to read the speed of the vehicle . the instructions say to hook to the blue wire to the ecu but i hooked it to the connector on the back of the instrument cluster. by doing it this way it provides a way to cut out the speed cut. run the blue wire through the hole that you ran the harness through and connect it to the yellow green wire on the white connector on the top of the cluster as shown.

connect the brown wire extension to the unit this is the rpm signal wire

now here the camera battery is starting to die. so you take the brown wire from the driver side and route it over to the ecu. connect the brown wire to the red with yellow stripe wire on the ecu it is the 3 pin on the second part top row.

after that connect the black wire to a vehicle ground. reinstall all interior pieces and reconnect the battery and test the unit out.

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

why dont you edit this a bit to get all your pics displaying correctly. ill do the same when i post this as an article for you so it can be converted and added.

Anand

great write up but you need to clean it up a lot... its all jumbled up..

95silvia14

all better

dickie
Car: Killer Turtle

editorial suggestions:

column(sp)dying(sp)connector(sp)extension(sp)

95silvia14

and spell checked

240_SeX
Car: 1992 240SX SE

Many of the pics are not working, not here, in the articles section, or 240sx tech. is there another link i havent found where the pics do work or would someone be willing to e mail me some working pics? any help will be appriciated, thanks

240_SeX
Car: 1992 240SX SE

nobody has working pics??

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

about half of them are not working for me

kornmanz
Car: 89 240sx Hatch SR Powa'd

Anyone have all the pics?

And if I have a wiring harness for the turbo timer I only have to do the e-brake part right?

Return to “240sx General Discussion”