Disable Auto Lock

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
300winmag
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD

Has anyone figured out how to make the car stop locking you in when you drive away?
The reason I ask is when I come to a stop and put the car in park the doors do not unlock, I have to turn the car off or manually do it for it to unlock.
Not used to that and am finding it a nuisance cause I'm always forgetting to let people out. Even if I could get them to unlock when I put it in park would be good.

My girlfriends Rogue locks her out of her car after a while, usually her keys are in the car because she got out to do something and get back in. How do you stop your car from locking you out? I would like to be in complete control of my locks preferably. Again thanks for any responses. :biggrin:

philipa_240sx

300winmag,

The doors will not automatically unlock until you turn the key to the OFF position.

The procedure to disable auto lock can be found in the owners manual. I also did a how-to thread. You can find it in the Rogue Glossary/FAQ under the 'Discovering your Rogue series':

Official Rogue FAQ

As for the auto lock when parked. That should only occur if you unlock the doors via the fob and not open any doors within 1 minute. Not sure why your doors would lock automatically the way you have described.

300winmag

I read the the FAQ and the manual about this but it only states it for Auto Unlock as in doors will not unlock when key turned to the OFF position. I was hoping to disable the Auto Lock feature.

philipa_240sx

300winmag wrote: I was hoping to disable the Auto Lock feature.
The 'How-To' was written for the 2009-10 model. The Auto-Lock feature on those models could be changed. It looks like Nissan has since removed this feature from the 2011 models.

I've read over the 2011 service manual. The selectable auto-lock is still there as it was in the 2009-10 manuals. I would give the 2009-10 instructions posted in the FAQ a try to see if it still works. You have nothing to loose:

post5498631.html#p5498631
To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
Note: Please read the full FAQ linked to above as you have to observe a special procedure to change this programming.

Mainiac
Car: - '08 Rogue SL AWD
+ '11 Rogue SL awd

Manual page 3-5
The automatic unlock function can be
deactivated or activated. To deactivate or
activate the automatic door unlock system,
perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2,
push and hold the power door lock switch to
the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5
seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will
flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard
indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the
OFF and ON position again between each
setting change.
When the automatic door unlock system is
deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the
ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. To
unlock the door manually, use the inside lock
knob or the power door lock switch (driver’s or
front passenger’s side).
I found that it was the (LOCK) vs. the (UNLOCK) as stated in the manual.

philipa_240sx

The directions for changing the auto lock behaviour can also be found in the 2010 owners manual:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/refgh0v/ ... -Rogue.pdf

300winmag

Just came from the dealer and he confirmed I cannot turn off the auto lock, only the auto unlock. The dealer on the otherhand has a computer which allows them to change the settings inside the cars computer. I was told there are 5 settings for door locks and he was almost possitive he could give me complete control of my locks. When I go for my first oil change he said to let them know so they can change it for me. Now if I can only get my Androids speech program working so I can voice dial in my car....

cork2win

I have a 2011 Rogue and you *can* change the AutoLock feature. For me it required turning the key past position #2. I had to turn the key to the point where all the dash lights came on. Then the rest of the procedure was correct.
Close doors.
Turn key until lights come on.
Hold down LOCK button 5 seconds or more.
Hazard indicator will blink twice in dash.
Procedure done.

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Does the Rogue have a Autolock? Like if you were to forget to lock the doors would it autolock?

philipa_240sx

TaiLuu wrote:Does the Rogue have a Autolock? Like if you were to forget to lock the doors would it autolock?
Read your owners manual.

There is an auto lock, but it only works if you unlock the doors and do NOT open them. After a minute or two, they will lock again. If you open a door before it auto locks, this feature is disabled.

Twindee3
Car: Nissan Altima

I bought my Nissan Altima used and there wasn't an owner manual with it. My problem is, when I unlock ALLof my doors my car will lock itself while I am putting my groceries or what have you in the car. I hear it do it all the time. Quite annoying, but at least I still had my keys in my hand. I have wondered what if I get out of the car and it's running and close the door will it lock on me? THE ANSWER IS YES, it did today. Stopped to get my mail with the car running and it locked me out. I heard the b**** lock! Wouldn't be a big deal except my mail box is 1/2 miles from my house. Had to jog home and retrieve an extra key with my ice Cream melting, my cell phone and purse in the car with it running at the beginning of my road.

Will disabling the auto lock prevent it from doing that again? Everything I read said it shouldn't lock while still running.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Twindee3 wrote:I bought my Nissan Altima used and there wasn't an owner manual with it. My problem is, when I unlock ALLof my doors my car will lock itself while I am putting my groceries or what have you in the car. I hear it do it all the time. Quite annoying, but at least I still had my keys in my hand. I have wondered what if I get out of the car and it's running and close the door will it lock on me? THE ANSWER IS YES, it did today. Stopped to get my mail with the car running and it locked me out. I heard the b**** lock! Wouldn't be a big deal except my mail box is 1/2 miles from my house. Had to jog home and retrieve an extra key with my ice Cream melting, my cell phone and purse in the car with it running at the beginning of my road.

Will disabling the auto lock prevent it from doing that again? Everything I read said it shouldn't lock while still running.
You know you are in the Rogue forum correct? I don't think it should lock while running in park.
Does your Altima have intelli-key? If it does you could of just pressed the button on the handle to get back in the car.

JohnVT

I have a 2009 Rogue that did randomly lock the doors when no one was near it. Now it just won't lock or unlock at all.

The key fob will lock/unlock the rear hatch. The key will manually lock/unlock the driver's door. All other doors must be locked/unlocked manually with the switch on each door. The electronic locking system does not operate the door locks.
The dealer doesn't have a clue, but the recalled wire harness has been replaced.
This all just suddenly happened one day a few weeks ago.
Is there a thread for this? I couldn't find it...
thanks

Return to “Rogue Forum”