Directions to Tatsumi parking area in Tokyo

Including Japan, Australia, Canada, and others.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Posting this for some of the FB Tokyo Area GT-R Owners who aren't sure how to get to this weeks meet location.

The following thread will be how to access Tatsumi parking area in eastern Tokyo.

Directions will be from Yokosuka (via Daikoku Futo) followed by directions from Yokota AFB.

Yokosuka (via Daikoku) to Tatsumi parking.

There are two routes to Tokyo from Daikoku Futo parking. The Yokohane and the Bayshore Route.

The Bayshore route is the one that runs closest to the eastern coast of Japan from Yokohama to Tokyo. It's the easiest way as it's the most direct. You'll want to take that route. On the above map, it's the bottom most route highlighted.

Make sure you follow the signs when leaving from (if from Daikoku) and take the route for HANEDA AIRPORT.

Once on the Bayshore route, follow it all the way to and past Haneda Airport.

In the above picture, you'll notice that there is a junction (in light blue) to go from the Yokohane to the Bayshore route. If you must come via the Yokohane, DO NOT miss this junction or you'll not be able to easily get to Tatsumi parking area.

There will be a toll gate about 5k past Haneda airport on the Bayshore, and about 2k or so from the junction from the Yokohane to Bayshore. Shortly after the toll gate, you'll go into a fairly long tunnel. When you come out of the tunnel, you'll be in the Odaiba area.

NOTE:There is an active speed camera right in front of the Fuji TV building just before the Rainbow bridge exit. Watch your speed here. There is also one after the Rainbow Bridge junction, but not sure if it's active or not.

You'll continue past the junctions for Rainbow Bridge (Expressway 11) and Toyosu (Expressway 10). Once past those two, quickly get into the far left lane. This lane is an exit lane for the junction you want (Expressway 9).

Once on the inclining ramp, you'll notice Tatsumi parking on the right.

You've arrived!

Yokota to Tatsumi Parking area

From Yokota base, you'll want to head to the Chuo Expressway (Highway 4) via Hachioji and head towards Tokyo.

From Hachioji junctions, it's pretty straight forward to Tokyo.

Once you get close to the C1, you'll see a sign that will tell you which lane you'll need. You're going to want the right lane. You can see the sign for Rainbow Bridge.

You'll enter a tunnel before the actual split, which is where the Chuo ends and you are now on the C1.

NOTE: Be sure to follow the signs to stay on the C1 as there are a few points you need to pay attention so as not to accidentally exit.

You now want to take the C1 to Rainbow Bridge.
When you take the exit for the Rainbow bridge route, stay in the left lane. You'll exit right with a slight incline and then a long sweeping right bend that straightens out. You'll be coming up to a very weird junction. The two left lanes are for rainbow bridge, the two right lanes will be for the Yokohane expressway towards Yokohama. STAY LEFT!!!

After you cross Rainbow Bridge, it's a downward left bend followed by a long sweeping right bend.

After the long sweeping right, you can be in either lane as the two lanes will actually exit to the left at the Bayshore route. The two lanes will merge into one and that lane will be the lane you want to stay in.

You'll pass the junction for Toyosu (Expressway 10) and take the next exit for Expressway 9. You'll see Tatsumi parking area on the right.

You've arrived!

Entering Tatsumi is pretty easy. The entrance is on the right of the exit ramp from the Bayshore route. You come in and there will be about 20 or so parking spaces on the front side or you can swing around the back side for more parking. Notice the layout of the arrows on the map.

I hope this helps.

nimadifob
Car: JDM CZ32 TT
JDM Y31 Gloria Gran Turismo SV
JDM JN15 Pulsar N1
JDM Pajero Evolution

Gold Digger, new to this forum. I know I'm posting late for this thread, but when are the meets held here? Drove by this PA the other day and saw quite a few cars, but didn't have a chance to pull over and check things out.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Hey there! Welcome to Nicolas!

The GT-R owners meet usually once a month but also meet up randomly.

There is a meet tonight down at Daikoku from 7pm. They'll probably head to Tatsumi later in the evening to lap the C1.

I wont be there, unfortunately, so if you go, you won't see me there.

nimadifob
JDM JN15 Pulsar N1
JDM Pajero Evolution

Gold Digger, much appreciated.

Where would I be able to find more info about meets? I go to most major ones, like 7day and the meets and events at Motegi, Tsukuba, Mobara, Honjo etc...but wanting to find some smaller ones where I can chat with the locals.

Also, since you've got a 33, would you happen to know when's this year's Skyline Festival? Last year it was awesome, but can't seem to find out when/where it's held this year.

TIA

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Are you by chance talking about this?

It's always at Fuji Speedway.
Unless you're talking about something different. I don't know of any other yearly events besides Skyline Week in March.

nimadifob
JDM JN15 Pulsar N1
JDM Pajero Evolution

Hey Gold Digger,

Thanks for linking me to that event, don't think it's the same one. This one I went to last year around July/Aug:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 489&type=3

Also, just missed 86 Style in Fuji this weekend, know if they're meeting at Daikoku or Tatsumi tomorrow?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Sorry I missed your reply, dude.

I was in the states for two weeks from Aug 4th. Got back on Saturday.

As for an official meet at Daikoku or Tatsumi, there is usually one each month. But, sometimes, we just meet up on random weekend nights as an unofficial meet.

There is a facebook page for Tokyo area GT-R owners and that's where the meets are organized.

nimadifob
JDM JN15 Pulsar N1
JDM Pajero Evolution

demonslayer
Car: toyota mr2 turbo

Hello Nissan Forum :-D this is my first post.
i hope you dont mind a interessted MR2 Turbo driver and friend of japanese car culture to hook up with you guys?
Iam on my way for a 4 weeks trip to Japan this Sunday and stumbeled over this great thread after i wanted to check out how to get to Tatsumi Pa.
Great infos from Gold Digger here - it seems not to be that easy to find that spot - even on speedhunters they told us so.Problem is we are only mobile via railpass in Japan - any chance to get there from a station nearby?
@ Gold Digger - any chance you get back at me via email as i have some questions regarding meetings and cars over there.
that would be great.

i also found out about JCCA in Tsukuba and the 7s day!!(still not sure if its at Daikoku or Fuji Speedway).We were also invited to stay with a racedriver at Suzuka and watch him and his crew racing there - (arround the 27-28).

would be great to hear from you soon.

Return to “International Region”