Differential Projet

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
danny300z
Car: 93 2+2 TT

Hello everyone,

Just joined, looking to get some info on a project I'm going to be working on in the near future.

I'm swapping a 1995 q45 diff into my 300zx. I had recently bought the diff, and am now doing some general research to find the parts I will be needing to outsource. For this swap, I will need the axles and hubs to make it work.

The differential bolts directly onto my subframe(2+2), but my axles will not fit it. The q45 axles are stronger than the z32's as well, so this will be beneficial. The axles do not bolt onto the hubs, so I will need the hub assembly as well. As far as I know, the hubs will bolt onto my knuckle body.

I am looking for info as far as if there were different diffs (the guy who I bought the diff from was not sure of this), or did all of the models use the same axles/hubs? Where would be the best place to outsource them? I would rather get remanufactured parts, so that they have been tested and/or approved.

Lastly, the diff has 117k on it. No info other than that. How are these diffs usually at this mileage? Would a rebuild be recommended?

Thanks in advanced for the info guys.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

The Q differentials are pretty solid. If that mileage is correct, and it's had at least one oil change, I'd think it's OK. I got 200K out of the one on my first Q with several oil changes and it was still quiet and as best I could tell behaved as well as the Q with 47K on the clock that replaced it.

The FSM might be your best bet in terms of figuring out if there are differences in the assemblies. Check out http://www.infinitiservicemanual.com

Also check Infiniti's parts site at http://parts.infinitiusa.com/

You can check to see if the part numbers differ for an A or T version vs. the standard Q.

Good luck!

Heath

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”