Dash take apart

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
AJRK
Car: 2001 QX4 4x4, 2003 Jaguar XJR, 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T 6MT

How do I remove the dash piece surrounding the radio and climate control on a 2001 QX4? Does the piece around the vents/clock need to come out first?

Thanks!

timmack
Car: 2002 Beige Pathfinder SE

not sure how much difference there is but on my 2002 pathfinder i had to stick a butter knife in between the trim piece (that houses the 2 vents and the clock) and the dash, on top of the right vent, and pop it off. just a few friction clips. then you see 2 screws that hold the radio housing on. take those out and wiggle it out, theres more of those friction clips along the side of that trim piece.

slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

i have an 01 pathfinder should be about the same

the top piece with the 2 vents and the clock must come out first. you can lightly pry it out just becareful with the rubber around it as whatever tool u you use can leave an imprint.

after you pop that clock piece off there are 2 philips head screws that hold the bottom piece in. Remove the 2 screws than unplug your hazard lights and rear defogger and the piece should be able to lay down right over your gear shift.

the piece around the shifter pops out easily to if you take the ashtray out and pull it up from there.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”