Dash Lights and Beeping!!!

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
AMF's300

Hey guys! JMy name is Adrienne. Just got my first 300ZX and I am so excited. It is a 1992 RHD imported from Japan . Two problems: The dash lights don't work and the car keeps beeping when I gt just over 100km/hr! The radio, ashtray and clock all work just fine.

What is that all about?!?!

Can anyone help?

Sgt
Car: 1991 Fairlady Z (JDM) Twin Turbo

Welcome to Nico club! Good choice of a car!

The beeping is normal. When you exceed 105 kmph the speed alarm chimes. You can disable it, just search google for it. The for the dash lights, try pressing and HOLDING the dash light button below the fog light button. Check all your fuses by the drivers right foot too.

AMF's300

thanks.....I'll give it a try

tg

yeah the dinging is a JDM feature to let you know when you've exceeded 105, its annoying but you can unplug the charm or tape it up.

Jaykit
Car: 1990 JDM Fairlady Z32, Twin Turbo, 2+2, Silver

Easy fixes.

1. You are going to remove the top piece above your dashboard. Then search for a green wire on the left side. Then disconnect it. No more pinging.

2. With the dash lights you should just be able to hit the fog light button and they should work. The way, as I understand it, is that when they ship them in order to meet the daytime running light code in Canada they somehow loop it all through the fog lights so that they are constantly on.

3. Welcome

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”