Dash light/symbol meanings??

All things Altima Coupe.
RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

I just went through the user manual quickly and couldnt find ANYTHING on this stuff . . . so how do i find out what all the little lights and symbols that show up on my dashboard mean!?

Ferguson
Car: 09 3.5 SE Coupe
17 370Z Nismo

The indicator in the pic is the TPMS system warning about low tire pressure.

In the 09 manual, the symbols are shown on page 2-10. In the 08 manual, if different, look in 'Instruments and controls', or look up 'Warning/Indicator lights and audible reminders' in the index.

RobPaulson

Ferguson wrote:The indicator in the pic is the TPMS system warning about low tire pressure.

In the 09 manual, the symbols are shown on page 2-10. In the 08 manual, if different, look in 'Instruments and controls', or look up 'Warning/Indicator lights and audible reminders' in the index.
Brilliant!! thank you sir, 100% correct.

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

I notice your temp display says 36 degrees. Temps like this can lower you tire pressure by 5 psi or so. So, if you fill you pressure up, make sure you don't put in 45 psi while your tires are cold. Make sure you have driven your can around for a few miles before you fill your tires up, to make sure they are heated and have the proper pressure readings

jungleboogie
Car: '08 VQ35DE Sedan -- Winter Frost w/ Black Leather

adidas2go wrote:

I notice your temp display says 36 degrees. Temps like this can lower you tire pressure by 5 psi or so. So, if you fill you pressure up, make sure you don't put in 45 psi while your tires are cold. Make sure you have driven your can around for a few miles before you fill your tires up, to make sure they are heated and have the proper pressure readings
correct. i went snowboarding last weekend and the temp easily hit about 27 degrees. after hours of boarding i noticed that light came on but disappeared as a drove a few miles and warmed my tires up a bit (and of course, was driving in warmer temps).

BlackNWhite
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

While we're on the subject...

What does it mean when you just turn on the car and on the center... it's a key and a battery under it that is shaded in on the E side.

I'm assuming it means my fob battery is almost dead.

Ferguson
17 370Z Nismo

Correct. It is time to replace the fob battery.

BlackNWhite
Car: 08 Altima Coupe

14 months and counting... not bad. I'm gonna take it down all the way to empty though. Until I need to stick my fob into the key port to start the engine.

Ferguson
17 370Z Nismo

A man who lives on the edge.

Mr.Coupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5 BOOSTED

BlackNWhite wrote:While we're on the subject...

What does it mean when you just turn on the car and on the center... it's a key and a battery under it that is shaded in on the E side.

I'm assuming it means my fob battery is almost dead.
GREAT question Danny. Mine came on about 2 days ago and I thought it was that. I'll get mine changed when I get a chance. Is the battery something we can buy in the street of do we have to get it from the dealership?

Ricky C.

DAAN.

you can buy yourself

dealership would charge you extra, because they have to live, too.

DAAN.

does anyone know how to remove the glass panel over the dash? When I get the car, I want to take out those orange circles around the tachometer.

adidas2go

I would leave those alone. A member on here did that, and now his whole display is f'ed.

DAAN.

Thanks Blake. Much appreciated.

Would the person (who Blake is referring to) be so kind and provide info ? I read around, and apparently would leave holes where you'd see the LEDs though, but no other issues that I am aware of (at this time).

adidas2go

Sorry many, I completely forget who it was, but others on here might remember. Someone took apart their gauges to paint them or something and now none of his needles work

DAAN.

I will attempt only to remove the rings, without going into electrical circuits.Will update if everything fails. Thanks, Blake.

Rob.Vegan
Car: 08 2.5S Altima Coupe 76 Datsun 280z (not running)

Just wondering

How come when I have the car on ACC or BAT theres a small symbol with a key in it that turns on...

It's not a big deal, and it's not that my battery is low, its just there...

DAAN.

trying to poke some life in this thread - is there a way to get long names to scroll on our radios' display?

RobPaulson

i actually 'wamred up' my tired, and then filled them to the correct PSI

then went driving (almost immediately after filling them, is that bad?) and the light didnt change.next ride, the light was STILL on.

next day . . . light was gone. so if your getting this light, and correct your tire pressure, give it 24 hours i guess =/

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

adidas2go wrote:

Blake, its best practice to check your tire pressure when they are cold (in the morning or in the evening). Tires that are warm from the road will give an incorrect reading. There are however ways to accommodate the changes in temperature by adding 4-5 psi onto the suggested psi for the tire if it has been driven on. To accommodate for cold temps I've read that 1psi for every 10 degrees of variance is ideal.

For the person that had trouble getting the light to go off. If the tire was inflated to the proper PSI it should have turned off within the first few miles of driving.

DAAN.

If it was warm the next day, the warning went off

sixxgunn
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

Thank you for all the responses on this thread. Low Pressure Light just happened to me and couldn't locate the meaning. Had a feeling it was related to tires based on how it looked and also related to the temperature since it came on right after the temps dipped into freezing.

Now I know what to do!

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

my car battery died and after i jump started the car my TPMS light came on... i replaced the battery and the car drives fine but i still have the TPMS light on. i put air in all of my tires and have driven around for a while (like 2 weeks) and the light has never turned off. and i live in California so no issues with the weather being cold, its like 70 degrees now. none of my tires have lowered in air pressure so idk.... i dont want to go to the dealership because they charge too much and i'm not working right now

Bmore-coupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

Hussain wrote:my car battery died and after i jump started the car my TPMS light came on... i replaced the battery and the car drives fine but i still have the TPMS light on. i put air in all of my tires and have driven around for a while (like 2 weeks) and the light has never turned off. and i live in California so no issues with the weather being cold, its like 70 degrees now. none of my tires have lowered in air pressure so idk.... i dont want to go to the dealership because they charge too much and i'm not working right now
70 degrees? cold? GTFO

You may need to have the sensors reset at the dealership. I am not sure if they charge for this. But I would call first and find out.

mmkeller
Car: 2017 Maxima SR
2009 Murano SL

Hussain wrote:my car battery died and after i jump started the car my TPMS light came on... i replaced the battery and the car drives fine but i still have the TPMS light on. i put air in all of my tires and have driven around for a while (like 2 weeks) and the light has never turned off. and i live in California so no issues with the weather being cold, its like 70 degrees now. none of my tires have lowered in air pressure so idk.... i dont want to go to the dealership because they charge too much and i'm not working right now
I agree w/Bmore-coupe, 70 degrees COLD ??? we won't see 70 for another 6 months. Dealership maybe your only answer.

zilla19

Hussain wrote:i live in California so no issues with the weather being cold, its like 70 degrees now.
I think Hussain meant the light didn't turn off and it's not due to the cold weather because it's warm in CA since it's like 70 degrees. He didn't say 70 degrees was cold.

coupeguy08
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5, Azure Blue, Blonde Leather, Blue LED (SuperBright LEDS)

I have had nitrogen in tires since new and light has never came on, even in -20 degree weather. Got almost 60,000 miles from OEM tires. Had nitrogen put in new tires so I don't have to worry about it. Well worth the money.

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

lol like zilla19 said. i was saying its 70 degrees in cali so it's NOT cold, meaning cali is warm.... and to be honest, it was actually 74 or 75 degrees today.... today was a nice day.....

a couple of my friends have OBDII sensor things, is there anyway i could reset it with that? or since its the TPMS light and not an actual CEL, it wont even read the error to reset it?

JSPADES
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5S 6MT in Radiant Silver

Hussain wrote:lol like zilla19 said. i was saying its 70 degrees in cali so it's NOT cold, meaning cali is warm.... and to be honest, it was actually 74 or 75 degrees today.... today was a nice day.....

a couple of my friends have OBDII sensor things, is there anyway i could reset it with that? or since its the TPMS light and not an actual CEL, it wont even read the error to reset it?
Have you thought to check your spare tyre in the trunk (doesn't it have the same TPMS hardware as the regular tyres) ? If it does, then it may have reduced pressure which would trip the sensor and keep it on even when your 4 regular tyres are fine.

-b-

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

basilikon wrote:
Have you thought to check your spare tyre in the trunk (doesn't it have the same TPMS hardware as the regular tyres) ? If it does, then it may have reduced pressure which would trip the sensor and keep it on even when your 4 regular tyres are fine.

-b-
Spare tires don't have TPMS mounted on them.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”