Damage from a buck @ 60mph - $6k. Car just left the shop... (check it!!)

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
sixteenXnine
Car: 2000 GLE and 2000 GXE

... Biggest buck I've seen in years. He's toast now, and the car was almost fatally injured as well.

During repairs my insurance adjuster broke my windshield so I got a little bonus when I picked the car up today, lol.

The halo projectors actually throw a great amount of light. For the money (~$225/pair) I think we made the right decision getting these instead of '00 OEM headlights.

... The car hadn't been cleaned up in a while at the time of the wreck, so it was VERY nice seeing it so clean... Notice the 245-series rubber... Good shot of the corrected front end and headlights, as well as the 350z rims. Yeah I've seen 'em before on lots of Maximas but not on any Pearlescent White ones.

this shot basically just shows that i'm not too great of a photographer... but anyway, check out the Fuzion 24/45R17's... I'll start a thread later today that will have a better pic of how they fit the car... but for right now, with the 350z rim offset (+30 and +33), these tires fit, look and ride great...

... So although we lost the GXE for a bit (transmission), we did get this white car back in our hands... and DAMN does it feel nice.

lol @ my heated seats, I feel rich.

Full sizers: http://picasaweb.google.com/ra...pair#

Modified by sixteenXnine at 6:31 AM 12/4/2008
Modified by sixteenXnine at 9:28 AM 12/6/2008

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Looks good.

Did they repaint the whole car or just feather in the paint?

fun240
Car: 95' S14, 91' NX1600

Man thank god you're ok. That's all the matters. You can replace a car - you can't replace a life.

I'm sure most of you have heard the story

Guy is traveling Northbound lane - 3 guys in a truck are traveling Southbound.

Deer jumps out infront of Northbound guy and bounes off his windshield. The deer throws back into the Southbound lane right into the 3 guy's windshield and kills them all.

I to hit a deer in a really really nice 96' 240. Only totaled because i blew the bags, and really wasn't worth to get rebuilt (Considering on OBDII car it goes through so much inspection if i paid $500 to do the inspection + have it towed to the spot for it(which is 60 miles away)i would of paid way to much!)

Glad you got it rebuilt. And if you part those beautiful rims - Let me know asap!

sixteenXnine

audtatious wrote:Looks good.

Did they repaint the whole car or just feather in the paint?
The bumper, hood, and fender were replaced and painted (correctly... some GLE's have tri-coat), and the door and rocker panel had dents that were banged out, after which they were painted quite nicely as well... yes they feathered it, and it turned out perfect.

... and as for that buck, we were coming down hill, and he ran out at an angle, sorta alongside us... we both hoped for the best, but he knew this was the end... quite seriously he flew completely level, just a couple feet off the ground, spinning so quick that he was a blur... until he hit the ground once just at the edge of the shoulder... he bounced HARD (right back up to the previous spinning height) and disappeared.

When we hit, I didn't budge the steering wheel, and I hadn't used brakes or gas as I knew the whole time that I wasn't gonna get away from this one, so I accepted the situation as-was. Furthermore I didn't wanna de-stabilize the car with heavy braking or turning and jeopardize my lady in the passenger seat's life.

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

Mine had $18.5 front end done to it and got it back 2 weeks ago. This week some idiot hit my fender for another $5000. Good luck on gettting yours back.

DevonD
Car: 96 Nissan Maxima SE

18.5? your car would have been written off no questions asked! thats more than half the value of the car. I find that hard to believe. and again someone hit your fender and it is costing you 5 grand? This guy hit a buck head on a 60mph. had everything from the doors up replaced and it only cost him 6 grand. My friend just has his rear bumper and fender replaced on his G35 and it was only 3300. Can you explain why your maxima costs sooo much more to repair than a G35?

sixteenXnine

The value to total the car is sometimes over half.... my Max was appraised @ $9.5k, and Geico required $7k in damage for it to be totaled.

sixteenXnine

blueis300 wrote:Good luck on gettting yours back.
Was there any doubt that I'd get it back? lol

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”