CV Joint Replacement - 2000 Maxima (manual)

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
pmax2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Maxima SE

Does anyone have any advice or tips on replacing CV joints on a 2000 Nissan Maxima with a manual transmission? I have my trusty Haynes repair manual that makes it sound like its no more difficult than replacing struts, but I would feel a little more confident about doing it myself if I heard from a couple of guys with hands-on experience. Thanks.

NutriaforBreakfast
Car: Nissan Maxima 1995 VQDE engine

Change out the entire axle-ie. get a rebuilt axle. dont try to just replace the rubber boots, bearings, and such on the old one. You almost need a machine shopto replace those internal items. Be sure to replace the transmissionseals too since its only $8 and cheap insurance.

Some people are saying a place called "Raxles" on the internet is a good place to buy CV Axles (supposedly they are new?)

lightsout
Car: 00 Nismo Maxima SE

Kragen Auto Parts has Cardone Axles for $99 brand new not refurbished!!

don't ONLY do the boots, get a NEW axle entirely for $10-$20 more than a refurbished one!!

do a search for tranny problems on here, i remember posting near step by step instructions a few months ago.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

I was going to go tell him to look for your post!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”