CT sets the precedent for fail again

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

first, new haven gave illegals bank accounts and id's to obtain jobs. sure, we have immigrants, here legally, out of work, never mind the naturally born citizens scratching for employment. but f*** 'em, let's give the illegals jobs.

now we have this nonsense

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/ ... AN20141126

:facepalm:

call me an insensitive prick all day, but all these people deserve are a holding cell bologna sandwich, trip back to where they came from, and a packet of information on how to return the proper way.

mattblancarte
Car: 2005 BMW M3 Comp. Coupe

This may be shocking, but I am of the mindset that Obama should have demanded 100% amnesty on all current illegals and then opened up the floodgates on a campaign for Mexican citizens to acquire citizenship at unprecedented speed.

Sounds like a big old pie in the sky, but to me, this would be ideal.

Obama made the right humanitarian gesture, but executed in a totally half-assed way. Dude is so soft.

I am failing to understand the "they took our jobs" argument. Maybe I'm just an ignorant hippy... But, this is America, *** it. El Norte. Mexicans are our neighbors and should be our best buddies, just like Canadians. They are good people that need our help, especially now considering the insane drug war situation.

It's hard to view illegal immigrants (I assume we are focused on Latin Americans) in the same way in the modern day. They are, in every important respect, refugees that are running for their *** lives. The cartels and local governments are literally murdering people by the tens of thousands. In other words, *** be crazy over there right now.

And how can we seriously accept the idea of breaking up families that desperately want to be American? It feels morally reprehensible... Let's legalize them, integrate them, get them paying taxes, etc.

I could go on about why I also think this is a smart move for homeland security...

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

So I sneak into your house and hide in the attic for a while. When can I come down and openly crash on your couch?

mattblancarte
Car: 2005 BMW M3 Comp. Coupe

That analogy conflates public and private property, and also suggests that illegal immigrants are freeloading... Which is a contradiction of the "they took our jobs" line of reasoning.

Did they take our jobs, or are they invading private property and freeloading en masse? They appear to be mutually exclusive complaints.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

mattblancarte wrote:This may be shocking, but I am of the mindset that Obama should have demanded 100% amnesty on all current illegals and then opened up the floodgates to acquire citizenship at unprecedented speed.
and how would that have changed, them/their life/their life-styles? they already do everything normal citizens do, aside from paying income taxes. and what makes you think they would all of sudden start paying income taxes? you do realize, they would have become legally eligible for welfare, yet continued to work their cash-paying jobs, right? think about it - it makes the most financial sense. Pablo who cant speak English, wont all of a sudden become eligible for a career/well paying job just because he's now a citizen. so his wife would file for welfare for her and the kids, and he would continue to work for cash. so the family would be bringing in $30,000-$40,000k in welfare, and Pablo is bringing in $30,000-$40,000k untaxed. with food/housing/healthcare/day-care subsidized through welfare, they would be living better than most American soldiers who make $25k-$35k yet are ineligible for welfare and have to pay for food/housing/education/children.
Obama made the right humanitarian gesture, but executed in a totally half-assed way.
do i have to start naming off all the possible humanitarian gestures that he could have done for AMERICAN CITIZENS? the old, the sick, the weak, the tired, the hungry.

Here, let me strike a liberal sore spot, to bring it all home: Black American CITIZENS have been crying for generations that they have a hard time finding work. now... now they can forget about finding work. the jobs they could have obtained, are going to be filled with cheaper labor, that will now be legally able to be hired.
I am failing to understand the "they took our jobs" argument.
just ask a black guy, a young high-school/college kid, or a guy who was just fired from a good job. ask that person how easy it is to find temp work, ie; lawn care, construction, general labor, etc. construction in my area pays illegals about $15-$17 CASH. i would love to have had that option right out of highschool. how many male soldiers/male college graduates coming home would love that as an option? instead those males go stock shelves at the local walmart for $8/hour.
Maybe I'm just an ignorant hippy... But, this is America, *** it. El Norte. Mexicans are our neighbors and should be our best buddies, just like Canadians. They are good people that need our help, especially now considering the insane drug war situation.
again, how about Americans down on their luck? how about your very next door neighbors? our college kids have accumulated 1TRILLION in student loan debt, and most are NOT paying it back because they cant find meaningful employment.
It's hard to view illegal immigrants (I assume we are focused on Latin Americans) in the same way in the modern day. They are, in every important respect, refugees that are running for their *** lives. The cartels and local governments are literally murdering people by the tens of thousands. In other words, *** be crazy over there right now.
so we should take in every latin country, every middle-east country, Indians, n.koreans, ukrainins, russians, africans, because they are all running from cartels, bad governments, etc?? dude are you out of your mind? you cant take in more than you can support. by your mentality, you would adopt 30 kids. go ahead and do that, see how that works out for you.

WHAT DONT YOU GET? MANY-MANY COMPANIES HAVE LEFT AMERICA, OR BEGAN OUTSOURCING, SO WE DONT HAVE THE JOBS TO SUPPORT ALL THE PEOPLE YOU BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS WANT TO INTAKE!! i think, like a typical liberal, you will only learn, when you yourself, fall victim to joblessness, or a crime perpetuated by an illegal - will you only then, understand why we cant take in all of the worlds hungry/poor.
And how can we seriously accept the idea of breaking up families that desperately want to be American?
simple: anchor babies should have never received citizenship. that wouldnt have broken up families.
I could go on about why I also think this is a smart move for homeland security...
please do. entertain me. i'd love to hear your theory on how us legalizing a bunch of criminals, would somehow be a smart move for H.S.
let me remind you of something: many jails across many south American nations have put inmates on a bus, and drove them to exit points and told them to go to America if you want freedom. its the cheapest thing for those countries. Ukraine & russia did the same thing in the 80's. (i know this, because i myself am an Russian immigrant). Russia, struggling with finances, devised a secrete plan to 'reduce their burden' by changing inmates into "Jewish refugees" and sent them on a 1 way trip to America. its the reason once they arrived, they started gangs in Brighton beach, etc. this a fact, and all Russians who immigrated back then, myself included, knew about it. We knew to steer clear of all Russians, because we knew that every 5th male was a released inmate.

DO YOU REALLY THINK MEXICO WOULD COOPERATE WITH US, AND GIVE US CREDIBLE INFORMATION, REGARDING THOSE APPLYING FOR CITIZENSHIP? MEXICO DOESN'T WANT THE SCUMBAGS/FELONS/CRIMINALS BACK. ITS A FINANCIAL BURDEN FOR THEM. THEY'D RATHER OUR WOMEN & CHILDREN BE THE VICTIMS, AND OUR TAX DOLLARS TO HOUSE THEM.

Return to “Politics Etc.”