Crankshaft Oil Seal R33 issues

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
radianation
Car: 1996 Nissan 240sx with built RB25DET

On an engine rebuild 2 years ago I had a local machine shop press on the extended crank collar to better engage the oil pump, but the shop turned down the crank ten thousandths in order to press it on (contrary to the recommended installation procedure).

My oil seal for the crank (same as the camshaft seals, commonly used on 300zx camshafts too) appears to have a bit of a gap between the interior diameter and the crankshaft.

I measured a spare R33 camshaft diameter and it appears to be 40mm, which is consistent with the Timken parts guide for the seal #224052. I've been trying to measure the crank diameter while in the vehicle with the oil pump installed and the oil seal removed. In one instance I get 40mm and another attempt I get 39.85 (39.846 is 40mm - ten thousandths). The problem is that the arms on my measurement tool are a bit thick so the outer diameter could be interfering with the measurement.

I've reached out to a few specialty seal places and I'm waiting on responses, but when I measured it again and it came out to 40mm this is what I would consider the original size to be??

1. Do you know the oem spec diameter for the crankshaft where the oil pump seal rests?
2. Do they make sleeves ten thousandths in size that I could slide over the crankshaft and use the oem seal?
3. In the off chance does anybody know of an oversized seal that might work for my needs? I've been searching all weekend.

Here are the measurements I have:

OEM Timken: 40 52 52.27 7 320 H
What I think I need: 39.846 52 52.27 7 320 H

Any help is appreciated. This oil leak is frustrating.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”