Cracked my oil pan!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
WhoDey456
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Went thru an intersection last night and bottomed out pretty hard and luckily I was by my buddy's house and got out to take a look underneath and oil was spilling out. Got it towed to Infiniti and got a quote for $2,150 to get her fixed.

He said these are the worst oil pans on the planet to change and they have to take the engine out and start from there! That is just nuts imo. I have the Infiniti elite wrap extended warranty and he says its not covered... :mad:

I'm going to have to file a claim with my insurance...

BronxBomber
Car: 2007 M45 Base

Aww man, almost the thing happened a couple of months back with my bimmer. They were doing construction on an on ramp, and there was a piece of concrete sticking up out of the road. The car sat so low and I went over it going about 50...donezo....before I could get off of the interstate, car shut off. So needless to say, I blew the motor, 8k in damage.

My buddy also used to have an M45 and had a different issue with the oil pan. They quoted him around that same price that they gave you because they had to get to or around the oil pan for some reason or another...so...he traded it in.

Wish you the best of luck with the process though!

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Something that you do that causes a part to break is not covered under warranty, that is an insurance issue.

Bronx, the City (or whichever private company) doing the construction is liable for that damage caused to your car if they left a dangerous piece of concrete in the way. If there was going to be debris in the street then the street should have been closed. If the company chose not to close it and then left debris where cars would get damaged by it then that is their fault for the damage.

CGinev
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35 S

Awe man, that sucks! Not sure how you did it though as the oil pan is pretty well protected. I've bottomed out many times and theres no marks on the pan. Planets must have been aligned (or misaligned..lol). Insurance will fix it.

WhoDey456

CGinev wrote:Awe man, that sucks! Not sure how you did it though as the oil pan is pretty well protected. I've bottomed out many times and theres no marks on the pan. Planets must have been aligned (or misaligned..lol). Insurance will fix it.
HAHA, I was driving pretty fast and maybe even caught some air! My question is when he says they have to take the engine out, does he mean the whole freaking thing or what goes into all of it, replace belts, fluids, etc?

It also broke one of my exhast off of the bracket, we'll see how they plan on fixing or hopefully replacing it!

All this time with my car, I've been looking at the new M's and liking them more and more, not big fan of how the body looks at the back of vehicle tho....

lovemycarM35
Car: 2014 Lexus GS 350
With F-Sport Package
Nebula Gray
19" wheels
12.3 inch display
Navigation

Dam that's crazy maybe you should call another shop

BronxBomber
Car: 2007 M45 Base

WhoDey456 wrote: HAHA, I was driving pretty fast and maybe even caught some air!

:rotflmao
EniGmA1987 wrote: Bronx, the City (or whichever private company) doing the construction is liable for that damage caused to your car if they left a dangerous piece of concrete in the way. If there was going to be debris in the street then the street should have been closed. If the company chose not to close it and then left debris where cars would get damaged by it then that is their fault for the damage.
I definitely thought so, as did GEICO. They initially tried to go after the city to recoup the damage $$ (and my deductible) but then I later got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later stating that they were no longer pursuing it, and that if I wanted to continue, it would be at my own expense. I thought that was a tad bit weird that they didn't want to go after almost 10k in damages, but I guess it wasn't worth it to them?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

City probably has bigger and better lawyers lol.

Sucks to hear about your oil pan OP, thank goodness for insurance though.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Geico probably did a cost analysis of going to court with the city and saw it would be cheaper and less hassle to simply pay out then go through that many legal fees. Which sucks cause really the case should be cut and dry, construction company left concrete in street, car damaged from concrete, company pays for damage. Done. Why cant the legal system be logical and efficient?

I hope you dont have a very high deductible WhoDey, and that this all gets fixed easily.

sunoco
Car: 2007 M35 Sport
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-201 ... ccessories

http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/partloc ... atalogid=0

Its like a $300 part... 1800 bucks for labor sounds a little high. I'd take it somewhere else.....

How much is your deductible?

WhoDey456

Deductible is $1,000, the adjuster is heading out today to take a look and then sending me a quote and what they are going to do...I will keep you guys posted!

sunoco
Car: 2007 M35 Sport
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

I'd take it to another shop and see what they say...

You know you can get the part for around 300, you might be able to have it installed for less than $1000. Wont hurt to check.....

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”