Couple of questions about ground kits

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
D_roc
Car: 2001 Maxima 20th aniv edition

Is it really worth the money and i saw this on ebay with a voltage stabilizer what does it do, will it really work and is it worth the money and if not where can i buy a decent one for a good priceebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...76384

thanksD

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I had a NISMO voltage stabilizer on my Maxima and saw no difference. No my friend has a grounding kit and he said it works wonders.

D_roc

so should i get one of those kits off ebay or just buy a roll of wire and some ring terminals and make one my self and if i do it my self what are the places i have to ground on a 2001 maxima?thanks

D_roc

which will be better buying a ground kit from ebay or making my own coz i have a s#!t load of red i think 10 or 8 gauge wire left, if so whar are the points i have to ground to ?thanksD

sweet3rdgen
Car: 1990 maxima se

I have a Nismo ground kit on my car and notice some but not dramatic differences. There is improvement. I would check Blehmco.com and email Matt. I think he charges $60 for a kit made to fit your car well.

johnnyd6404
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT 2k2 Maxima SE(sold) 2005 Altima 2.5S

Good info but what does the grounding kit really do I see them on many of the aftermarket parts sites but I still am clueless

McSteve
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30

you should get Matt Blehms. He is a felllow Maxima enthusiast and thus should be supported =) From what I gatheres is that factory grounding is not meant to last forever and will deterioate over time, making your car feel sluggish etc. By adding the grounding you will reduce resistance which is noticable such as your headlights being a tiny bit brighter etc. The biggest gains is in Automatic transmission cars. Many notice a delay in kickdown, and the AT being stuck in gears while rolling with low speeds (such towards a stop light) and then accelerating without actually stopping. The car is stuck and won't shift down properly to first gear. The grounding kit supposedly eliminates this. I ordered mine from a member of the .org, but gotta wait to be back in AZ to put it in.

johnnyd6404
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT 2k2 Maxima SE(sold) 2005 Altima 2.5S

so how hard is it to install cuz my wiring skills are terrible at best i am however somewhat mecanicaly inclined so maybe i need some instruction... pic for the dumb kid

D_roc

well not that hard, i had some 8gauge wire lying around bought 20pcs of gold plated terminals offf ebay for $8 shipped used my dads propane blow toucrch and solderd and clamped the terminals and electric tape and heat shrink tubed, took only half an hour to complete it and install, and never knwe will feel the difference shifts very smoothly, had better throttle response and the car is mad smooth

DevonD
Car: 96 Nissan Maxima SE

Nice work! So how did you run the whole thing? did you leave the stock grounds and find new places to ground or remove the stock grounds and replace them? and how many in total did you do? I want to do this but im a little hesitant...I just dont know where all the grounds/ mounts are...

D_roc

i used the stock grounds and left the stock ground wires on too didn't make new holes or remover any theing out o it and ran a wire from - terminal to chassy (screw on the battery tray) and from there to the tranny. and - to the engine(the engine plastic cober holder's screws) and from there to one of timing chain covers ground and from there to the alternator, and from the alternator to the chassy.and used the other ground on the timing chain's cover to the other side of the engind (near the coil pack by the firewall,

i will post a pic of it wiht the cover out maybe tomorrow will be easier to follow

DevonD
Car: 96 Nissan Maxima SE

Yeah that would be great if you could post that picture..And i heard that you have to make the one for the battery? is that true?

D_roc

take a good look at the 2nd pic the right side thats the - terminal so yea

i went from - to chassy and

- to engine, just buy some wires and ring terminals off ebay take the engine cover off, but to hook it to the tranny i had to remove the air box there might be an easy way but what the hell coz of that i get to clean it too

allensteiner
Car: 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE, 2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE

nice job. i'm also glad to see i'm not the only one with a brain big enough to run a stock intake

D_roc

allensteiner wrote: i'm also glad to see i'm not the only one with a brain big enough to run a stock intake
yea i did my research and found that the stock one works the best unless i spend $$$$ on a custom made one which doesn't worth it

also hers a pic witht he cover out

1. - to engine2.engine to timing chain cover3.timing chain cover to the other side of the engine4.from there to a screw near the coil packs5. that tot he firewall6. timing chain cover to alternator

also got one going form - to chassy and from there to trannyand alternator to chassy

hope this helps

allensteiner
Car: 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE, 2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE

are you gonna be putting in a voltage regulator? i heard they don't do much unless you're running a lot of electronics in the car but would be cool to know from someone who actualy has one.

mbritt80

grounding kits are worth it for automatics more so than manuals, especially if the auto has tiptronic in a G35 or 350z. the shifts work better.

D_roc

don't think so, can't find a decent regulator all the ones on ebay are junk from the looks of it, maybe later but i love the car now shift like a dream

Josefdahari
Car: 2002 nissan maxima

I would really love to see some pictures of these done. So I can get an idea do how you ran the wires. Did you just daisy chain them. From point to point. Looking to make my own for a 2002 maxima auto trans. Please help me if you can post or reup the pictures please

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”