Coolant Bleeding

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ScubaM35
Car: Infiniti M35 2007 RWD

Recently I've seen that my temperature gauge while driving will rise up close to the H and go back to the middle in a matter of minutes. I spoke to a friend, and he said most likely I have to bleed the cooling system, since there is most likely air in the system. Can anybody help me out here and let me know how exactly I can get that done? Or if anyone has experienced this problem with their M35 pleaseeeee let me know what was needed in order to fix the problem???? :mad: :mad:

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Welcome to Nicoclub!

I drive an 07 RWD M and that exact thing happened to me recently. But for me, it happened on the way home from having the coolant system flushed and re-filled. I took it back, they told me they would need to re-do the fllush again as there was an air pocket in the system. They re-did it (free of course) and no problems since.

However, I never had that happen until the system was worked on with a possible mistake made by the technician. You seem to be having this problem without any recent work done. I'm not saying that it can't be an air pocket, but I would have the system checked to be sure that it isn't a bad sensor, or thermostat, etc.
I'm thinking you could go to the trouble and expense to drian and refill only to find out that wasn't the problem and then you may have to pay to have it all done again after the repair.

Please post again after the problem is resolved to share the cause / fix with everyone. Best of luck.

ScubaM35

Thanks man, I def will do once I get this fixed. http://instagram.com/p/cEaUdaL7Zb/

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

ScubaM35 wrote:Recently I've seen that my temperature gauge while driving will rise up close to the H and go back to the middle in a matter of minutes. I spoke to a friend, and he said most likely I have to bleed the cooling system, since there is most likely air in the system. Can anybody help me out here and let me know how exactly I can get that done? Or if anyone has experienced this problem with their M35 pleaseeeee let me know what was needed in order to fix the problem???? :mad: :mad:
One thing quite a number of smaller shops seem to ignore while performing the coolant flush is have the heater on full HOT. If you are performing the coolant flush over the summer the heater core is shut and the coolant in there does not circulate. Crank your inside temps to max (32 I believe), make sure the car is idling, and that the coolant flush is being performed with the car when the engine temps are N.O.T. (Normal Operating Temperature). If they attempt to flush before the engine reaches NOT the risk is the thermostat will be closed meaning they will only flush the coolant in the reservoir, radiator and before the thermostat. Air in the system should work it's way out eventually anyway just monitor the reservoir and add as needed.

ScubaM35

I'm gonna work on it today so ill let you guys know how it turns out.... Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

also remember that on the back side of the engine there is a bleeder valve that you must open to fill the coolant back up if you do not the air bubble will continue.

ScubaM35

bicsintegra wrote:also remember that on the back side of the engine there is a bleeder valve that you must open to fill the coolant back up if you do not the air bubble will continue.

Maybe that's what I would have to do, because I burped the system and the temperature gauge is not going to H anymore (thank god) but i did notice that the air bubble is still happening.... So I will be doing that next along with putting a new thermostat , hopefully everything will be good after that

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

bicsintegra wrote:also remember that on the back side of the engine there is a bleeder valve that you must open to fill the coolant back up if you do not the air bubble will continue.
Is that the sort of dead sport in the circulation system? Kinda weird, almost like the inner cylinder walls coolant flow was an afterthought. Some guys open that up and install a second thermostat.

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

msvara wrote:
Is that the sort of dead sport in the circulation system? Kinda weird, almost like the inner cylinder walls coolant flow was an afterthought. Some guys open that up and install a second thermostat.

i honestly do not know i have changed coolant in other cars and i have never seen this before, but after i opened the valve with the car running it sucked in more coolant i closed the valve topped of the coolant and no more hot on the temp. gauge.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”