Convert to Krom

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Native2PS
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I wonder if anyone has tried this? I would like to convert the front of my Rogue to the Krom look by getting the bumper and grill, I assume it will fit, but before I try, I wonder if anyone else has considered this, it looks like the fog lights are the same

philipa_240sx

Nope. You would be the first.

THawks
Car: 2010 Rogue SL FWD Premium Iridium Graphite

I thought about it. Would be kinda cool being the only Iridium Graphite Krom around but with the center exhaust I wouldn't be able to have a hitch and I don't know that it would look right with just the Krom front bumper and stock rear.

Native2PS

I may do the rear later, but I think that I will try the front just for kicks!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Sounds like fun, cost is probably the main reason nobody has done it yet. My parts guy indicated that those parts don't come painted, so the price looks ok at first glance until you realize you have to take on hundreds of dollars for paint....let us know how things go, and capture pics as you go please!

philipa_240sx

Yes, it's not cheap. Replacing even the stock bumper is about $500 in parts plus painting. The Krom pieces (which are not even listed on any online website yet) are likely to be even more expensive

I would budget at least $1000 for this mod including paint... assuming you are going to install yourself. On the plus side, it should be a simple bolt-on with no cutting or patching.

I would suggest contacting a Nissan dealer to see if they can get part no's. Cross reference all the part no's from the Krom edition vs. a normal Rogue to ensure you have all the parts that are 'different'. Once you have this, you can start pricing the parts.

Leo2005

I called 2 dealerships in january and one in february. All they say that price is not available and they have to call nissan to get a quote. So I still don't know the price.

Native2PS

just looked into pricing: the bumper cover itself is $173, but the grill is listed at $484, and the mesh is about $100, and then there is a trim that is about $130, plus tax, plus shipping, plus paint, looks to be at least $1500 and thats assuming that the fog lights are the same, so I might re-consider this project!

Leo2005

Unless you order a mesh grill and make your own to top and bottom. Then you will save a few hundreds. I don't like that top grill anyway but the bumper itself looks good. I'm planning to replace the center part nissan logo with mesh grill. I ordered a sample from customcargrills.com and they sent me 11 different grills to choose from.

Native2PS

now theres a thought, I just might do this, I think what I will do first is order the bumper, and see how I can customize the grill, I went to that website, and saw some interesting applications, I will keep everyone updated!

Leo2005

Where did you find the prices? I was looking on every nico sponsor and more on google and looks like nobody cares that or did you call to the dealership?

Native2PS

I got the quote from nissanpartswarehouse.com

Native2PS

update: bumper cover ordered, I will do this one step at a time, when the bumper comes in, I will look at it, and go over my options as far as mesh, and grille, I might go with a billet type grill, or the diamond mesh from customcargrills.com

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

THawks
Car: 2010 Rogue SL FWD Premium Iridium Graphite

It may be because all you can see on the website of the Krom is the black one so you dont get to see details, but I do have to say, seeing it in red does make me like the front even more. Would you mind posting a picture of the side (preferably at a perpendicular to the vehicle if possible)?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Thanks to nismosammy.

For a bigger pix go here.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3830189

kromsam
Car: 2010 nissan rogue krom

hey thats my krom you got there! i wanna get the roof rails this summer for it and some 22 inch rims, i will be posting some better pics once spring time comes. nismosam

Native2PS

I must say that its the front that really makes the Krom. I like the back as well, and from the side, it looks like any other Rogue unless you get custom wheels.

Native2PS

My bumper arrived yesterday, and I have started working on the project. I found out that the fog lights are the same, as both the Krom and regular Rogues have the same part number listed for the fog light housings. This was good news to me! I am going to use the small hexagon mesh for the top in silver, and the large diamond mesh on the bottom two holes in black. The trick is going to be mounting the mesh on top, but I think I know how I am going to do it. I may fold the mesh in on the bottom, and use small stainless steel screws , and then fold the mesh over the top, and screw them in as well. The sides are going to be tricky because of the angle, and not much room to work with. For the bottom two sections, I have to remove the tabs for the OEM mesh in order to make mounting the diamond mesh easier with black wire. I need to drill small holes along the inside of the openings to slip the wire through. Once I do that, I will take the bumper to a body shop to get it painted. I then have to wait a few weeks for the paint to cure because as soon as I install it, I will have the 3m clearguard installed because of all the sand and wind out here where I live. I will continue to take pictures and post as I get closer to finishing.

Jerry98vert
Car: 08 Rogue 98 Cobra

This should be a sticky, if you are going to install the bumper yourself it would be great to see how to remove and install the bumper. One thing I don't like about the Rogue is the front bumper. This is a great project.

chove1437
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Keep us posted! Can't wait to see the conversion.

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

that looks hot, are you going to paint both the middle part (where license plate goes) and lower lip black, or just the middle??...any photoshop experts able to show us?

how much did it cost?, and were you able to order it through the dealer?

Native2PS

I am going to paint the whole thing black to match my Rogue, I think that is the best way to go here. If my Rogue was another color, I would probably leave the part where the plate goes a flat black color. I got the bumper from nissanpartswarehouse.com, part # F2023-1A41H, they charged me $173 for the bumper, and $40 shipping. The mesh is going to cost about $100 total for the silver and black. I hope to take it to a body shop tomorrow.

philipa_240sx

Native2PS wrote:part # F2023-1A41H, they charged me $173 for the bumper, and $40 shipping.
Good job posting the part no's! I was able to look it up on our sponsor sites:

everythingnissan.com

Cost: $177.59

Midwaypartsteam.com/PartsforNissan.com

Cost: $177.59

Leo2005

Native2PS wrote:I am going to paint the whole thing black to match my Rogue, I think that is the best way to go here. If my Rogue was another color, I would probably leave the part where the plate goes a flat black color.
I wouldn't paint it at all because I'm going to wrap my car in carbon fiber/matte black so I would just wrap the bumper without painting it.

Leo2005

Just ordered rear bumper for $188. The part # is H5022-1A41H. I'm going to do a custom exhaust with borla muffler.

Native2PS

Leo2005 wrote:Just ordered rear bumper for $188. The part # is H5022-1A41H. I'm going to do a custom exhaust with borla muffler.
Nice!! I think I will do the rear when I finish the front!

philipa_240sx

Leo2005 wrote:I'm going to do a custom exhaust with borla muffler.
A few suggestions if you are going custom exhaust:

1) If you are doing a cat back system, do not get rid of the resonator (located under the middle of the car). Instead, fit the largest/longest flow through muffler you can. Not sure what Borla sells, but Magnaflow has a series of 4" diameter (2-3" piping) round mufflers that are ideal for this. The resonator really helps tone down noise at highway cruising speeds with no effect on performance.

2) Look at the Altima and Sentra guys for exhaust system ideas. They have pioneered exhaust systems for the QR25DE motor.

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

Thought this would be a thread about Hyborean deities....

zakmartin
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue, 2008 Nissan 350Z Touring

Wow, cool project. I'm very curious to see how it turns out without the factory top grille insert.

Return to “Rogue Forum”