conversions?? From VG30 to VQ30 the sohc and dohc

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
maximagirl
Car: nissan maxima

i was wondering if anyone in here converted a sohc to a dohc for a nissan maxima....i have a 1990 with a sohc and i want to switch it to dohc? do i have to use a specific year and what other parts i need? i heard something about changing the mounts, computer, alxes, tranny, and im not sure what else?,,,if anyone knows any knowledge on the conversion let me know....thanks rozahttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zer...id=83#

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

Welcome to NICO.

I changed the the title of your thread a little bit, as there is no VD30. I guess you're wanting to swap to the VQ30DE that is used on the 95-97 maxima?

You pretty much named all the major parts you're going to need, but there is going to be a lot of fabrication involved with the motor mounts (if I remember correctly).

MaximA32

Welcome!

NSR_s30
Car: '99 Ford F250 7.3L Diesel, '71 Datsun 240Z

Welcome to the club. Definitely post up some pics of your car once you get a chance.

LA02MAX
Car: 2002 6-speed maxima

maximagirl wrote:i was wondering if anyone in here converted a sohc to a dohc for a nissan maxima....i have a 1990 with a sohc and i want to switch it to dohc? do i have to use a specific year and what other parts i need? i heard something about changing the mounts, computer, alxes, tranny, and im not sure what else?,,,if anyone knows any knowledge on the conversion let me know....thanks rozahttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zer...id=83#
Best thing for you to do would be to swap a VE30DE in there, as you won't have as many issues mounting it...IMO you will probably just need an entire parts car with the VE30DE in it as you will need to swap the ECU which could create more problems down the road with the compatibility of other parts. I remember that the VG axles do not fit into the VE spindles, so what you need to do is get both the VG 5-speed axles and the VE 5-speed axles and use the half shafts (the inside ones that go into the transmission) from the VE axle and the outer half shafts from the VG axles.

Just be advised that you are in for a long road ahead. It takes many hours and it won't be cheap...It would almost be cheaper just to buy a VE maxima as a matter of fact...Good luck either way!

SunLitSandMax00SE
Car: Silver 2006 Infiniti M35

LA02MAX wrote:
Best thing for you to do would be to swap a VE30DE in there, as you won't have as many issues mounting it...IMO you will probably just need an entire parts car with the VE30DE in it as you will need to swap the ECU which could create more problems down the road with the compatibility of other parts. I remember that the VG axles do not fit into the VE spindles, so what you need to do is get both the VG 5-speed axles and the VE 5-speed axles and use the half shafts (the inside ones that go into the transmission) from the VE axle and the outer half shafts from the VG axles.

Just be advised that you are in for a long road ahead. It takes many hours and it won't be cheap...It would almost be cheaper just to buy a VE maxima as a matter of fact...Good luck either way!
Yeah it will definitely be a little bit of a chore, but probably a good learning experience with a very worth wild outcome. I was too lazy to do anything on my VG like that

maximagirl

my bad i ment to say from a VE30 to a VE30DE basically from a sohc to a dohc i don't know if that will be easier but i think it will...

maximagirl

oh yeah i forgot to say thanks for commenting back and thanks for the advice...

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”