control arm problem

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
ejXa q45
Car: 1992 Q45 infiniti sliver

i have a 2000 maxima se with 100k on it .i got the car used from a friend after his girl friend hit a rock with the left front tire and bent the control arm and screwed up the alignment so i bought two control, ball joints, sway bar links, inner tie rod, and tie rod ends. i installed them after having to cut the ball joint off the old control arms . now the problem i'm having is when i turn sharply and cut the wheel back the control arm rubs the rotor. what could cause this problem? could the arm be the wrong size, make, or model ? is there a way to adjust the steering knuckle up by the shock to pull the rotor away from the control arm? or is there a way to adjust the camber out. can someone shine some light on this subject thanks

fixer
Car: 08 Sentra

the control arm does not get closer to the rotor when turning, if yours does, check if knuckle is bent, or if lower ball joint is too long, or if wheel bearing has play. did you install factory parts or aftermarket?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”