Compact Disc Player

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
PiMpIn_MaX
Car: 1996 Nissan Maxima

Hello, i have a '96 maxima se and it has a Bose audio System. The front two speakers on the doors don't work and the cd player doesnt work. when you insert a cd it says "error". Can someone please help me?

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Unfortunately, the Bose headunits (and Bose systems in general) have proven to be problematic when they get older. The cheapest option is to replace your headunit (watch ebay and NICO classifieds). I believe any Bose headunit from a 95-99 Maxima or I30 should work in your car.

Welcome to NICO! What color is your Max?

popone913
Car: 96 Maxima GLE

I went to a junk yard and pulled one out of a 99 SE so Try that... as long as the car had been close and no water got on it.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

actually any 96+ Nissan/Infiniti bose HU wil work..... You could "upgrade" to the 6CD In dash unit if you wanted

kazuya_maxima
Car: 95 Maxima

Same here. Even worse. Mine has no display at all! It's a headache every time I unhook the battery. Coz I'll have to guess my favrorite radio channels. It's picky too. Coz it only plays on some of my CDs.

But for the problem: no sound from the speakers on the door. I think u can check on the "fader" knob first. Pull the "bass" knob out (not all the way of course ) and turn. While the other one controls "treb" & the left and right balance.

Good Luck

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

My Clarion tape headunit had the same dead display problem, but not the sound issues. I fixed the dead display (temporarily) by removing the headunit and "fiddling" with it. When I put it back it worked...then it went to working intermittently, then died again completely after a few months.

I just bought a Pioneer P5500.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Personally, unless you really wanted a 6-disc in-dash player, I'd just go with an aftermarket unit. The Max I bought came with an Alpine, CD player, but it was pretty lousy to use. In fact I can't think of any Alpine I've used with very good control layouts. In any case, I ended up with a Kenwood KDC-MP832U. Sounds good, and fairly easy to use(though some things I knew how to change as I've had many Kenwood headunits in previous cars). The instructions don't really tell you a few things. Anyways, the nice feature is the rear USB connection. While most will probably use a flash drive or something, I plugged in a 20 GB harddrive. It requires you find a USB HD that can run off of 500mA of power, but if you do find one, it works beautifully. In fact I have never even put a CD in it yet. It reads MP3 CD's too, but Even with the 3GB of mp3's on the HD now, I haven't been bored yet. Especially running the random mode on the entire drive. The hard drive with it's case and a retracable USB cord fits nicely in the lower cubbyhole as well. It even came with a short USB cord so I can keep that one plugged into the radio and use the retractable when I need to add music or even use it elsewhere. I used this drive:

http://www.soyogroup.com/produ...d=342

Here is the stereo:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/prod...=2360

The unit also has a G-Analyzer and can measure HP, and lateral G's like a G-Tech. Not that I wanted it for this feature or have even used it yet.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”