coilovers ...springs?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
davist8d
Car: 1998 q45

Looking for some espelir springs....coilovers....something! I need to lower my 98Q ...don't particularly want to spend $1k for coilovers but its looking more and more like that's my only option?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

So you best start to look for something used....I spent something like $1300 on BC Coilovers, it was $1700 installed and aligned. The offerings are very limited, you can get Megan's for the 98' provided that it isn't a Touring Edition, but the cost isn't much different.

There are very limited/no other offerings for your car. There used to be Espelir and Tein lowering springs that are all long gone and shocks/struts you could get KYB SR Specials, but those are all gone now and from what I found not made any longer...they were also never offered in the US by mainstream, you had to buy them from people that knew how to source JDM stuff.

If you budget is 1k and your suspension is shot, you're in a pickle. I had Tein lowering springs, KYB SR Specials on my car for about 10 years. I blew out one of the front struts and decided to go coil overs, I bought the Megan's and then found out the hard way they do not fit the Touring model due to brake fitment.

Good luck, start looking for used stuff, the BC's can be sourced directly from BC, American made and high quality.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”