CoD: Black Ops 2

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

I hope so, I hope there are very minimal issues with this. I still dont know why alot of people hated on Blops 1 and Treyarch. They were only gay when they banned me for my non offensive emblem, other than that how could you not like the game?

^^ Looks like you missed out on the free 2025 Nuketown dlc :)

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

I pre-ordered back when the game was first announced...so I'm good.

I've always loved Treyarch. Not hard to like a company that not only makes a good game but takes their fans into consideration!

alms24sebring

Tonight was a good night. Line was long but went very quick. I won a raffle and so did the girl in front of me and a guy 2 people back. All the Tshirts were gone but I got a Blops II patch and a wristband (extra crap). I also got a poster and a Chipotle buy 1 get 1 free coupon. But most of all, the game is pretty dam good if you ask me. More to play tomorrow after work, I cant be pullin all nighter's...

RCA

Finished the Single Player...

They are trying to increase the replay value of the SP. Now there are SP unlocks and you can setup different load outs prior to each level. Also they introduced for the first time a decision game mechanic; I would like to know if the game changes much based on the decisions you make. Also I can expect to see more strategy to beating the SP on the harder difficulties because now using a shock charge instead of a semtex will allow you to get past a specific section of the level. Seems interesting.

As for the story line, I found it strange and difficult to follow. If your knowledge of the first Black Ops isn't up to par, not much of BLOPS2 will make much sense. Also they did something new to the CoD series; usually when you get in a vehicle you are the sidekick, you arm the turrets etc, now you get to do some driving. In MW2 there was the boat chase scene where you did control the rudder but it was near impossible to drive off course, now you can really get lost at times and do some real damage if you're not in control. It seems like their attempt to go all Battle Field-y. Also expect a lot of gore, like way more than usual.

My thoughts on the SP is this, if you've followed the story up until now, it is worth the play. If this is your first CoD, the SP won't mean much to you.

orangeNblue

This may just be my experience, but I am extremely disappointed with the game! On xbox, its very easy to get into matches, and the graphics are really nice and crisp, even the levels are well laid out and even the killstreaks are really fun to use. However, the actual gameplay is terrible. I am a 1.5-1.7 KD player typically, but I can't kill anything in the xbox version. I say this as I can not KILL anyone, but I can dern well light em up. I get about 8-10 hit markers and no kill. Its as if my gun is crazy weak, and I get killed in about 2-3 shots. It's awful and I've never experienced anything like it. And the spawns are worse than they have ever been. I am actually to the point where I have no desire to play the game at all because its in every game mode and only about 1-2 matches have I NOT experienced it.

On the playstation version, the graphics suffer (which I don't understand) but I have no issue killing anyone. In fact, I played domination (which is my favorite gametype) and I had most defends, 2nd most caps, and a KD of 6.0. My KD on the playstation version is like a 2.4. But it takes a day and a half to get into a game. I wasn't even able to play online with my friends bc we'd either be waiting in a lobby for 20+ min (not an exaggeration) or one of our systems would freeze and we'd all get dropped out.

So my overall experience with the game is, I think I'd really like it if I could actually play it like I've played every single other COD, but for now, its been a complete waste of money for the way I want to use it. I'll be playing campaign until these issues are fixed I guess.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

I've only been playing Zombies. Transit mode is pretty neat, the parts gathering mechanic is a nice touch, and the ability to start at a given level is cool as well. What's with their hard-on for lava though?

alms24sebring

Just some connection issues. My friend was gettin pissed about it freezin all day and now everyone is complainin about it, including me. Froze on me and twice on my friend. dam wtf

RCA

TIPS:
Before you chose what game type you are going to play, press X or Square to change search preferences. If you play by yourself often, putting it to "Best" will benefit you. If you play with a group, I don't think it will help because what's best for the host might not be the best for the whole team.
orangeNblue wrote:This may just be my experience, but I am extremely disappointed with the game! On xbox, its very easy to get into matches, and the graphics are really nice and crisp, even the levels are well laid out and even the killstreaks are really fun to use. However, the actual gameplay is terrible. I am a 1.5-1.7 KD player typically, but I can't kill anything in the xbox version. I say this as I can not KILL anyone, but I can dern well light em up. I get about 8-10 hit markers and no kill. Its as if my gun is crazy weak, and I get killed in about 2-3 shots. It's awful and I've never experienced anything like it.
The culprit is lag compensation; this NEEDS to get patched because the game is extremely inconsistent now. It will almost always come down to to has the host advantage, and you can tell from a mile away.

Scenario #1: Not having host advantage
  • Walk around a corner Aimed Down Sight (ADS)
    See an enemy and shoot, get 3 hit markers into them
    They kill you nearly instantly.
Scenario #2: Having host advantage
  • Carelessly sprint around a corner
    OH SH*T, person behind the barrel!
    Whew, I'm such a beast CoD player, I managed to kill that person.

Or my these guys are freaking clueless!
It sucks. Sometimes I am fu*king Neo from the Matrix and other times I am using a water pistol instead of a PDW-57. I have games where I go 5-23 and can not avoid dying and other times I manage 30-5 games. Even in competitive matches, when playing VS people who REALLY know what they are doing, I don't go 5-23 (I usually get a 1K/D in competitive matches). It's ridiculous.

My Cod Stats
  • MW3 1.8K/D
    BLOPS 2.4K/D
    MW2 1.8K/D
    MW1 1.4K/D

BLOPS2 .9K/D

orangeNblue wrote:And the spawns are worse than they have ever been. I am actually to the point where I have no desire to play the game at all because its in every game mode and only about 1-2 matches have I NOT experienced it.
I think this is because you are applying MW3 spawn rules to BLOPS2. Most people don't know the spawns and so many people go too far into an area that causes people to spawn to the right of you. As people become more aware, they will realize that you can't go soo far into an area before spawn swapping etc. Once the spawns are figured out, then I think it would be fair to make a judgement about it they are fair or not.

I know the map Hijacked the spawn traps are very deep.

Legend:
  • Yellow Dots = Where you can be with out swapping spawns.
    Red Line = Where you spawn when people are at those yellow dots

I've been on both sides, the spawn trapper and the spawn trappee. As long as you are around those yellow dots and NOT looking at the spawns, people will pop up and before they can defend themselves, you can kill them.
orangeNblue wrote:So my overall experience with the game is, I think I'd really like it if I could actually play it like I've played every single other COD, but for now, its been a complete waste of money for the way I want to use it. I'll be playing campaign until these issues are fixed I guess.
Perfect advise; play the SP or Zombies until things get squared away. BLOPS1 had a MUCH worse opening week than BLOPS2 and BLOPS1 turned out to have a good multiplayer experience. MW3's opening week was bad too, couldn't play much of it, so I stopped for nearly a month and when I came back things were much less rocky.

Matthew144
Car: Honda Civic 2006

Well i think i like more MWF 3 instead of Black ops because MWF 3 have more adventure then black ops. I love to play it with my mate on Xbox 360. OMG I wish that i don't have any other tasks to do and I just play whole time that game.

orangeNblue

I agree with you completely RCA. I beat the campaign tonight, and picked up the multiplayer again. I changed the connection type to "best" instead of "normal". It helped a little but the lag comp is still pretty bad. And I won't, and I mean WILL NOT play hijacked on Domination. It's one big spawn trap that you can not escape from, unless the team is terrible.

I do think they'll fix a lot of the issues but I doubt it'll be soon. The biggest problem is that they completely f**ked over everyone who uses a headset for a strategic advantage. Actually they really took all the strategy out of the game and made it easy for everyone to play, which I guess is a good think, unless you were actually good because of the way you played strategically. I for one can't stand this game. I mean who does Treyarch think they are removing footsteps sounds from the game. Footsteps are so nerfed that with the Awareness perk and my headset cranked up, I still can't hear someone sneaking up behind me on a metal floor. :tisk:

RCA

Yeah seriously, I have this beast headset setup and it's not worth using.

Now I just plug in headphones into my monitor and it is just as good. SOO disappointing.

Vandahar from 3Arc responded to the question about the sound being erased from the game and he said, "I always thought the sound for footsteps were too loud".

Right now the biggest issue with the multiplier is the inconsistency. You can't learn from your mistakes because in some games you can get away with things that in other games you can't. So I can't even get better because I don't know if defending B from this part of the map is a good idea or not. Sometimes I have the advantage and can defend B from this location and other times, I can't.

orangeNblue

oh yeah. There really is no rhythm to this game. Yesterday I was playing cruiser on domination and started capturing A then B, getting 6 kills and then called in a lightning strike, hellfire, and getting all the way to 11-1 (accidentally killed myself), just to turn around and finish the game 20-19 because I, for some odd reason couldn't kill anyone else in the entire match. And the first 6 kills I got weren't easy either. I basically wasted all of my bullets killing 6 guys. Its really sad when you think about it.

Also, the headset thing doesn't just frustrate me, it has me livid. I heard there was a patch coming out to fix it, but if it doesn't I'm going to blow up somewhere to get my point directly to treyarch. If they "feel" like footsteps were too loud, then I "feel" like they owe me $200 for a headset since they've rendered mine useless for the purpose that I bought it. At this point, I feel like I'm ready to jump off the COD train. Bungie has project Destiny out there and then I've heard that the original infinity ward guys (the ones behind COD4:MW) are working on a project as well. The market is wide open to snatch away a slew of disappointed COD fans and I think someone will take it.

On a positive note, the single player was great, but it usually is when Treyarch is at the helm. I have yet to jump on zombies, because I was never able to get into a match, but I've heard really good things about it too.

alms24sebring

^ I kind of agree on that. I still havent played a whole lot of it so its still ahrd to judge firmly. What I dont like is that I CAN NOT join a game. I tried to join a friend in a group of 2 or 3 and could never get in unless they were playing a game. Of course then I was on the opposite team then and gettin served but I could never join after either. Also the curving around bullets is bad in this game and the host issue is pretty noticable. 5 or 6 bullets dont kill them but 2 bullets kill me. Sometimes if I or my team was host then its a huge difference in difficulty, its much easier. Apparently Dishonored is underrated and worth the play. I might go back to AC3 too (not that thats any better)

orangeNblue

I wish somehow we could get everyone to protest black ops 2 for a day, by not playing for the whole day, but with the millions upon millions that play, it'd be impossible.

They need to fix the lag comp, because it is ridiculous. But more than anything, I feel as though I deserve a check in the mail for the amount of the game since they've made the headset that I purchased, useless for their game. And anyone who purchased the Turtle Beach headsets, well, lol. They really bent you over and forced their way into your "wallet"

Skyline_BNR34
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Even after their patch this game is nearly unplayable in the Multiplayer. My only solution to figuring out how to not get any lag was to plug in my modem directly into my PS3 and bypassing my router. I don't know why it worked but I was having great games after that, the occasional lag, but nothing like I was seeing through my router.

I also never get lag while in a party either. Any tech guys here that can explain that, never have any issues with any other game ever.

RCA

Your router shouldn't add any latency at all. It might cause some NAT issues but nothing to do with lag. Having a strict or moderate NAT will hurt you because you'll never pull host but that's it.

They patched the heck out of this game. So my guess it is a combination of coincidence and the fact that the game has been getting fixed multiple times a day.

Also lag is usually worse when in a party because the game needs to compensate for many different latencies from multiple players. As for explaining why it works when you play in a group... I have no clue. Networking isn't a simple science.

Return to “Gaming”