chrome door handles?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jamie621
Car: 08 Rogue S AWD

i was wondering if the chrome door handles for the rogue cover the entire handle? or no?i was tihnking about getting these> http://www.shopsar.com/Nissan-...5.htm

philipa_240sx

First off, Welcome to the NICOClub Rogue Forums!

One of our members has similar Chrome door handles. Read more here:

zer...ndles

It appears to cover most of the 'face' of the door handle. There will still be some exposed areas behind the door handle and around the Intellikey request button.

philipa_240sx

Hmmm, I looked at the link you posted. Those are just flat SS overlays. You can clearly see the edges of the door handle are exposed as the metal has not been formed to contours of the handle.

jamie621

yea thats what i thought, i guess what im really looking for is chrome overlays then.i looked on that other thread you gave and eddnog has exactly the type i wanted so i clicked on the link he gave...

thanks for the help!

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

I have a friend that installed the chrome door handles on his Altima. His Altima has the SmartKey system. He got his handles off eBay and both he and his wife are disappointed.

While they (or I ) don't have a problem with the fact they are chrome plated plastic.. the problem is the Smartkey button is now recessed down inside the hole in the chrome cover. You can't just walk up and press the button with your thumb any more. At best you have to use the tip of your little finger to reach the button. (His wife is using the stylus from her PDA) It seems to be a combination of the covers being too thick and/or the hole not being large enough. Accessing the button in now very inconvenient.

I looked at the pictures of the handles eddnog has on his Rogue.

http://www.ngtechnik.com/Rogue...e.jpg

The holes in his handles appear to be larger. Eddnog got his from the folks at SlickCar but that was almost 8 months ago and they may have changed suppliers. My fear is dropping $60-$70 bucks for the handle covers and get the ones with the little tiny access holes and not being able to easily press the SmartKey button.

QUESTION... to anyone who has the chrome plastic covers installed. Can you still hit the Smartkey button with your thumb just as easily as you could "before" you installed the covers? If so... where did you get your covers from?

dvo2000
Car: White Rouge SL AWD PP

It's what i have!

Google for "SES Trims ABS Chrome Door Handles for 2008 to 2010 Nissan Rogue w/smart key"

peleke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, premium package, leather, moonroof

I have the door handle covers and have no problems accessing the buttons. the hole is large enough that you can see maybe a mm around the button. I don't remember where I purchased them. maybe here? http://www.slickcar.com/produc...=6911

jamie621

well, i have the S model of the rogue so my handles dont have the smart key, i just dont want the tacky SS overlays that just go on the front of the handles.the picture that dvo2000 posted is exactly what i want. and thanx for the link peleke im looking in to ordering some real soon

Elton Noway

jamie621 wrote:well, i have the S model of the rogue so my handles dont have the smart key, i just dont want the tacky SS overlays that just go on the front of the handles.

the picture that dvo2000 posted is exactly what i want. and thanx for the link peleke im looking in to ordering some real soon
Yep I agree... the pic provided by dvo2000 is a winner. Actually I recognized the logo... then saw SES Trims signature. SES Trims is a supplier to many of the aftermaket sites that sell chrome trim.

http://sestrims.com/v3/nissan-....html

They also have a nice write-up:"Select a custom SES chrome door handle for the highest quality product on the market. We offer only the best there is. Our door handles are triple chrome plated to a gleaming solid mirror finish. Please be assured that our SES Trims custom door handle will stand up to the rigors of winter driving. It won't yellow with age, cut your hands from sharp edges, or hurt your wallet either. Best of all it installs easily over your existing door handle with no need to drill, cut or remove any factory components."

Then... I found these reviews on the SES door handle covers: http://www.autoanything.com/ch...eview

So... I decided it was time to order. I went searching the web for the various aftermarket web sites... for the best price. Checked out wooddashexperts.com... autoanything.com... automotiveconcepts etc. etc... all of them were between $70 -$78 with free shippping.

However... just for grins I checked eBay and discovered BilletAnything.com has a eBay web store and is selling genuine SES Trims Rogue door handles for $64 with free shipping! The order has been placed and they are on the way!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories

jamie621

well looks i dont have to do any research now lolthanks alot!

and $64 is practically nothing from what ive been seeing im deffinitely going to grab me some

thanks again!

Elton Noway

jamie621 wrote:well looks i dont have to do any research now lolthanks alot! And $64 is practically nothing from what ive been seeing im deffinitely going to grab me some

thanks again!
jamie621... I just noticed... the price has been dropped for a 12 hour sale. Now only $61.70 with Free Shipping! Only 11 hours left on the sale at the time of this posting.

Same seller. Same SES quality covers. eBay item 350149690386

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Strangely enough, they don't have the model for without the smartKey .

jamie621

ya i just noticed that also that sucks

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

jamie621 wrote:ya i just noticed that also that sucks
Here is where I bought mine. They're only $45 with free shipping. I've had mine almost a year now and they look as good as the day I bought them.

http://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68522b.html

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

kcfm wrote:
Here is where I bought mine. They're only $45 with free shipping. I've had mine almost a year now and they look as good as the day I bought them.

http://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68522b.html
Sorry, that link has the smart key slot. Here is the one you want.

http://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68521b.html

jamie621

thats even better!! im going to make my order asap

Elton Noway

Elton Noway wrote:... just for grins I checked eBay and discovered BilletAnything.com has a eBay web store and is selling genuine SES Trims Rogue door handles for $64 with free shipping! The order has been placed and they are on the way!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories
Well my SES chrome door handles arrived and I finally got them installed over the weekend. My fears were unfounded. I can press the Smartkey button without any problems. Plenty of access room.

It's amazing how well they actually fit.
jamie621 wrote:i was wondering if the chrome door handles for the rogue cover the entire handle? or no?
For those who haven't seen them installed, they don't surround the entire handle but wrap the face and sides (top and bottom edges). The inside of the door handle remains untouched. Here are some additional photos to give you the idea.

INSIDE EDGEBACK DOOR HANDLE (no Smart Key)

BTW: My handle covers are from "SES Trims"... however kcfm said he got his handle covers from WheelSkins. They are $20 buck cheaper and he says they still look like new after a year in the elements. Thanks to kcfm for these links to WheelSkins:

With Smart Keyhttp://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68522b.html

With Out Smart Keyhttp://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68521b.html
Modified by Elton Noway at 8:05 AM 8/2/2009

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s

Got my chrome door handle covers in the mail today. I will be installing them this evening. Thanks for the link Elton and kcfm...
Modified by mlmcgahee at 5:35 PM 7/30/2009

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

kcfm wrote:
Sorry, that link has the smart key slot. Here is the one you want.

http://www.wheelskin.com/cci-dh68521b.html
kinda pricey!

Leo2005

Same guy is selling it on ebay for $36.99+free shipping w/o smart key and I don't know why but with smart key they charging $11.95 for shipping. If you want to save you could buy w/o smart key and cut the hole out for the button with a dremel. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...l1116 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...l1116

Elton Noway

Leo2005 wrote:Same guy is selling it on ebay for $36.99+free shipping w/o smart key and I don't know why but with smart key they charging $11.95 for shipping. If you want to save you could buy w/o smart key and cut the hole out for the button with a dremel.
Obviously your suggestion of using a Dremel to cut out a SmartKey hole was intended as light humor (i.e. a joke) but I started thinking... "What if a Newbie thought it was a valid modification and a way to save money?"

I figured I'd better make sure everyone understands that "Yes they could cut a hole with a Dremel (and possibly even have the hole look factory)... BUT... they should also understand these handle covers are chrome "plated" plastic. If you cut a hole there won't be any chrome plating around the edges of the hole. In fact, the chrome plating is VERY THIN and once an open edge is exposed, the chrome plating can lift and peel. Even worse... the edges can be very sharp and can cut you like a razor NET: While you could cut your own Smartkey hole to save a couple bucks, be prepared for a less than attractive finished product.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here's a pic of a chrome door handle cover where I cut away some chrome plating to show you what you'd be up against.

Leo2005

Hey Elton. I hope you didn't damage that nice door handle from your Rogue or was it something old/extra useless piece of chrome in your garage? Anyway....I want to add that I got my chrome door bowls yesterday. They were made for Qashqai but I thought they would fit Rogue as well but I was wrong.I had a clear plastic under the handle so this part doesn't get scratched anymore.Here's the bowls:They don't fit but I'll try to fit it in:I guess all I need is extra 3M double sided tape:Doesn't look perfect but looks a lot better:You can see now it doesn't sit perfect but it looks ok:

Elton Noway

Leo2005 wrote:Hey Elton. I hope you didn't damage that nice door handle from your Rogue or was it something old/extra useless piece of chrome in your garage?
Howdy Leo...thanks for your concern. Nah! Didn't damage anything. Actually in the first set of door handles covers I received two of them were defective. The handles had flashing damage (damage that occurred when they were broke loose from the casting and chroming process) The picture I put in this thread was the one I took to show the seller the damage. He immediately sent out another set so I was happy.
Leo2005 wrote:Anyway....I want to add that I got my chrome door bowls yesterday. They were made for Qashqai but I thought they would fit Rogue as well but I was wrong.They don't fit but I'll try to fit it in I guess all I need is extra 3M double sided tapeDoesn't look perfect but looks a lot better: You can see now it doesn't sit perfect but it looks ok:
I read your earlier thread that you had ordered them and I was hoping you'd do a followup. It's a bummer they're not a perfect fit. However in this photo I think they look great!

Its hard to tell from the photos but since you say they don't fit well I'm guessing the curved indentation behind the handle pull does not match up to the curved radius on the back side of the door bowls.

Maybe someone at SES Trims or one of the other aftermarket companies will spot this thread... realize the market potential... and start producing them for the Rogue.

Leo2005

Elton Noway wrote:Didn't damage anything. Actually in the first set of door handles covers I received two of them were defective.
Good.
However in this photo I think they look great! Its hard to tell from the photos but since you say they don't fit well I'm guessing the curved indentation behind the handle pull does not match up to the curved radius on the back side of the door bowls.
I'm still keeping them for a while. A few of my friends said just leave it alone. It is already looks good and diiffernet. But if somebody make it I'll definitely replace it.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

I am having the same issue with my G35, the paint behind the door handles is scratched badly (it's black too). I try to keep this area waxed to protect the paint.

I ordered a set of chrome door handles for my Rogue and 2 of the handles had the peel issue like Elton's pics (not this bad though). I was reluctant to install them, but went ahead thinking that that area would be shielded since it was on the back. Hope they hold up!!!

I was interested in the fog light chrome surrounds the Quashai has available, but an e-bay seller said that they would not fit :c( .

Ray

philipa_240sx

crayb wrote:I ordered a set of chrome door handles for my Rogue and 2 of the handles had the peel issue like Elton's pics (not this bad though). I was reluctant to install them, but went ahead thinking that that area would be shielded since it was on the back. Hope they hold up!!!
Hmmm, I wonder how much the OEM chrome door handles on the 2010 Rogue would cost? Installation would be more difficult, but the handle would be OEM and hopefully better quality. We'll have to wait and see when the 2010 parts become available online.

Elton Noway

crayb wrote:I was interested in the fog light chrome surrounds the Quashai has available, but an e-bay seller said that they would not fit :c( . Ray
Yep!... I now have 3 Chrome accessories (that are currently not available for the Rogue ) that I'd like to buy.

One or two companies already make these accessories for the Quashai… why not for the Rogue? I keep hoping a clever aftermarket company is monitoring the forums and will finally figure it out!

Door Cups

Fog Light Trim

A company already makes (well almost makes) this next chrome piece I am looking for ... but THIS ONE IS TOO SMALL . It looks like it was made for another car and the manufacturer said "We didn’t make this piece for the Nissan Rogue... in fact its not even a good fit... but lets advertise it as a Rogue accessory because somebody might buy it.”

Rear Hatch Trim - above license plate

Leo2005

Yep. The bar is made for different car. Actually I saw the same bar for 02 altima as well as for other cars like toyota or honda. It is universal accessory but somebody sells it as a bar for rogue because nothing else is available yet. I wonder if you could find this bar for 02 altima since newer model comes with it from manufacture and then you could install it on rogue. It should fit without any troubles.

Rogue2008
Car: 2008 Venom Red Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Premium Package

Trying hard to find the following items in chrome at reasonable prices. Anyone got any leads?
  • Window trim
  • License plate top bar
  • Side molding trim
  • Fog Light surrounds

philipa_240sx

Rogue2008 wrote:Trying hard to find the following items in chrome at reasonable prices. Anyone got any leads?
  • Window trim
  • License plate top bar
  • Side molding trim
  • Fog Light surrounds
Try these threads for window trim and side moldings:

post5501500.html

pic-s-of-rogue-with-spoiler-and-body-si ... 16431.html

I have not seen a license plate bar or fog light trim rings that fit the Rogue. Let us know if you find something.

Return to “Rogue Forum”